194     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 947     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit, this aspect of his personality has given me new found respect for his abilities as a ward councilor. If I could call up my councilor any time of day and get him to come out and solve a problem for me, I think I'd be pretty pumped about it too.

As a mayor he's a trainwreck.
He solved a problem for one person but exacerbated a problem for many others. The man doesn't look at all sides, he just listens to the one person he considers a taxpayer and ignores everyone else.

I think that many in Ford Nation view Stintz as a traitor. That said, I don't know if such folks count as "intelligent".

"Intelligent", yes, actually, that was what I was thinking at the time of my post. But I still see a vote split, one way or another. As for the traitor part, yup, there's some of that out there, the diehards who don't know what left-right is; those ones still perceive of Ford as the mayor who will fight city hall. Hopeless.

I can live without the details until the story is published in case someone has been sworn to secrecy, but it would be nice (if possible) to know the magnitude of the story in comparison to the video scandal.

My wife has a theory of the revolving staff and such... The Fords are incubi; they feed on self awareness, and free choice. Those who have a strong will cannot be fed on, and so are fired or forced to leave.

This makes perfect sense to me, what can be a better environment to feed than school kids!

I can live without the details until the story is published in case someone has been sworn to secrecy, but it would be nice (if possible) to know the magnitude of the story in comparison to the video scandal.

Scale of 1 to 10.

10 - The video has been found

5 - Doug sold Drugs

1 - Rob has webbed feet

Last edited:
Going back a ways in the thread but:

There was a ruling earlier that Ford can not claim costs for the previous trials. Does that extend to this decision? I imagine that Ford had to provide some type of argument to the Supreme Court and he should be compensated for it. At least some type of award should be given to send a message against these frivolous, vendictive lawsuits.

Costs at the Supreme Court are peanuts. Few grand tops.

If a drink is thrown in your direction and a little bit splashes on you, you're blowing it out of proportion if you go around the media saying it's assault, this is a democracy, etc etc etc. As the Fords have been doing.
Especially when they don't have any proof that it happened ;)

EDIT: Basically, this is Rob Ford

But it is assault. Its funny how some left-wing people jump to victimblaming when the victim is someone they don't like.

Agreed Cowboy...but i guess thats what the left have to do when they cant beat him at the polls. Keep it classy...

Agreed Cowboy...but i guess thats what the left have to do when they cant beat him at the polls. Keep it classy...

Ford is doing a good enough job at beating himself up at the polls. The man doesn't have the support of Toronto. Period. Not Old Toronto, North York, East York, Etobicoke. Heck, even in Scarborough most people don't support him.

But it is assault. Its funny how some left-wing people jump to victimblaming when the victim is someone they don't like.

Well sure, technically it's assault. If I see you walking along the street and I think "I'm going to bump into him as he passes me," that's also assault. So is spilling your drink on someone at a sporting event. Or using offensive language (verbal assault!) When I was riding my bike on College Street some guy spit out the streetcar window and it landed on me - also assault.

But does it make any sense at all to act like a gigantic baby and press charges in any of those cases? No, it doesn't. It's ridiculous. The only people that press charges are the ones with a sense of entitlement and who enjoy playing the Victim Card. The rest of us say "Ugh, people can be such assholes" and move on with our life.

I think that many in Ford Nation view Stintz as a traitor. That said, I don't know if such folks count as "intelligent".

If Ford survives into the next election, get ready for a good ol' boy, shit-flingin', get 'er done American-style smear of Stinz. She may even have to defend herself from charges of being a "witch".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back