News   Jul 23, 2024
 43     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 650     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.7K     0 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

""Those Oriental people work like dogs ... they sleep beside their machines,'' he said. "The Oriental people, they're slowly taking over ... they're hard, hard workers.''" He's also used anti-Italian slurs as well, but that would be ethnicist rather than racist.

It's probably his upbringing. Or perhaps some kind of repressed homosexuality which leads to his hate of gays. Perhaps it's a religious thing ... not sure ... I don't even know if he's religious, but that's where people some seem to learn such socially unacceptable behaviour.

The first comment isn't racist. Oriental people do work hard as he acknowledged.

Being anti homosexual doesn't make someone a bigot. That's freedom of thought and expression. One would only be a bigot to act upon their disdain of homosexuality in a physical way. Many people, religious and non religious don't agree with homosexuality. It's not a matter of hate. The lifestyle just doesn't sit well with certain individuals. Even if someone is anti-gay, why does that bother you? Assuming you're gay, don't you have enough self esteem and pride in yourself to not be effected by conflicting beliefs?

Last edited:
The lifestyle just doesn't sit well with certain individuals.

Sort of like being physically or mentally challenged....why those people chose that lifestyle is beyond me.

What concensus? The media's? The media in this country is so left wing. Sterotypes hold truths. His comments weren't even negative. So I don't know why you're so upset about them.

"WHAT???? There is no place in this society for you to make such extreme bigoted comments. How dare you!

Of course you don't think Ford is a bigot and racist. You've just made comments that are also racist, stereotpying people based on race. And you've expressed extreme bigotry in your comments about homosexuals!"

Says who? Stop being so overly sensitive and selfish. Not everyone supports homosexuality. You need to get over that. People are free to think and say what they want. You can't coerce someone to think like you and accept your lifestlye. Take a look at the Charter of Rights. Where have I expressed bigoted thoughts on homosexuality? I haven't said anything that is anti-gay. I support anyone's right to sleep with whomever they choose.

I should have rephrased that. Sure, verbally expressing anti-homosexual thoughts is bigotry, however, if one chooses to do so they have every right to. Just like someone has the right to be racist if they want. I'm not saying it's right, but people are allowed to say what they want, even if it offends someone. And if that hurts someone that's their own problem. There are no laws to govern one's thoughts. If one can't look past descrimination then they must be very insecure.

Of course you don't think Ford is a bigot and racist. You've just made comments that are also racist, stereotpying people based on race. And you've expressed extreme bigotry in your comments about homosexuals!"
nah, he just doesn't agree witgh their lifestyle.

Why are you so upset....were your ideas challenged?

but people are allowed to say what they want, even if it offends someone. And if that hurts someone that's their own problem.

Remember that next time someone upsets you with a thought.

"Remember that next time someone upsets you with a thought." Honestly, there is nothing anyone could call me or to say to me that I would be hurt by. I would just laugh at the person and walk away.

I would just laugh at the person and walk away.

That's waht most here are doing with your posts....but, based on your frothy responses, you're getting pretty upset with having your thoughts challenged....it's rather entertaining to watch ;)

That's waht most here are doing with your posts....but, based on your frothy responses, you're getting pretty upset with having your thoughts challenged....it's rather entertaining to watch ;)

I'm not upset at all. I'm just expressing my views passionately. And that isn't froth on my lips. I just had a bad vanilla milkshake.

There is no right to be racist in this country, nor is there a right to make bigoted comments. This is Canda, not the USA.

Your comments violate Canada's anti-hate laws, and you are risking prosecution and incarceration for both yourself, and those that operate this forum. Remember that in this country free speech does not extend to making such comments.

Your kind of extreme bigotry and hate has no place in this nation.

Take a look at Charter of Rights man. You can't censor one's thoughts. If someone is racist or homophobic they do have that right. It's not against the law. Don't be so overly sensitive. You can't tell someone how they should think and act. That would be stripping them of their freedom. Like I said, I don't agree with hate towards anyone, however, I support the right to say whatever the hell you want without someone crying about it.

"Your comments violate Canada's anti-hate laws, and you are risking prosecution and incarceration for both yourself, and those that operate this forum. Remember that in this country free speech does not extend to making such comments." Are you kidding me? Do you think the cops would arrest someone because they don't like black people for example? And how have I violated Canada's anti-hate laws? You're unbelievable.

You've been here only 2 days, have made a handful of posts, and have already outed yourself as a bigot and racist. And a Ford supporter.

Either your trolling us, or perhaps your shilling for another candidate trying to make Ford look bad.

You use the term bigot and racist awfully loosely. I never even said I was a Ford supporter. I just don't agree with the overly sensitive media taking everything he says out of proportion. Even if I was a Ford supporter, so what? I didn't complain about who you're supporting because I don't care and you're free to vote for whomever you want without being questioned.

You can't tell someone how they should think and act.

You should learn to debate like an adult.

Don't be so overly sensitive.

Right now, you just look like a hypocrite and bigot.

I support the right to say whatever the hell you want without someone crying about it.

Why do you keep whining whenever someone calls you a bigot...I thought you supported this 'right'?

The great thing about Ford, platform aside, is that he's not afraid to speak his mind. That is extremely rare in this nation. We've become so passive and politically correct. He says what he believes, even if it's not popular with everyone. Why should politicians or anyone not be able to say what is truly on their minds? Basically every politician will say whatever it takes to get them elected. Ford is one of the few exceptions. And his 'speak your mind' mentality seems to be doing pretty well with most people in this city.

"You should learn to debate like an adult." How do adults debate?

"Why do you keep whining whenever someone calls you a bigot...I thought you supported this 'right'?" I'm not whining at all for being called a bigot. I'm just baffled as to what his definition of bigotry is. I haven't made one hateful statement so him calling me a bigot is a joke. What keep doing so if you want.

Back