News   Jul 26, 2024
 716     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.5K     1 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

I also noticed that Ford has been gaining weight quickly. He seemed to have trouble walking and getting up on the stage. I'm not saying that as a cheap shot but I do think he is having some problems with stress or other health issues. I think the pressure might be taking its toll.

Last edited:
I think the biggest pressure has been not losing his temper. Sometimes when I have seen him during a debate, he looks like he's ready to explode.

I think he's a "binge campaigner", if such a categorization exists. He's drunk. And I don't mean in the "drinking" sense, either.

I think the biggest pressure has been not losing his temper. Sometimes when I have seen him during a debate, he looks like he's ready to explode.

That's true. If he is elected mayor, he's going to have to do a lot of things that conflict with his values and flare up his temper. He'll have to march in the gay pride parade, for example; he'll probably get pied in the face, which is par for the course for any right wing politician these days; he'll probably have a left wing fringe advocacy group occupy his office or hold a vigil outside of his house. He will have to endure all of these things with good humour - any mayor has to, but a right wing, divisive mayor has to especially be on the look out for these things. Rob Ford doesn't have the thick skin of other right wing politicians, like Mike Harris or Stephen Harper, and that is going to be a major failing for him. I give it a year before something happens that causes him to snap and go postal, hurling a bunch of racist, derogatory epithets and/or possibly having a nervous breakdown in front of the cameras.

I'm curious, does anybody know how wealthy Rob Ford is? I've read articles about the company his father left the family and I was shocked to learn that it does over 100 MILLION in business per year. I didn't think it was that huge. With those kinds of sales, what might the profit be, generally? I'd really like to know what Ford is worth and what his yearly income is. Does anybody have any info on that?

Ford said recently that his mother said to him, that taxes are so high in Toronto, she can't afford to live here anymore. If she gets income from that 100 million/year company, how economically challenged can she be? There are seniors living on under 10,000 a year in this city. My heart bleeds for her but....

Are we supposed to feel sorry for her? Maybe if she had a smaller compound, her taxes wouldn't be so high!
Well, she gave Rob Ford a big donation to his campaign last time out, so I guess she ain't living off food stamps. How can Ford have the audacity to claim his mother can't afford to live here, when we all know that family must be very rich? Why hasn't the media said anything about that kind of hypocrisy? It really pissed me off to hear him say that, knowing that there are thousands of people really having a hard time. What a f-ing asshole!

So how much is this spoiled brat worth?

I'm curious, does anybody know how wealthy Rob Ford is? I've read articles about the company his father left the family and I was shocked to learn that it does over 100 MILLION in business per year. I didn't think it was that huge. With those kinds of sales, what might the profit be, generally?

The profit on $100 million in sales could be zero, ask Nortel or GM.

And affordability has a lot to do with cost-effectiveness and maintain the same life style than absolute ability. You can probably live on $500 in Toronto, doesn't mean it's affordable. And as far as I know, Ford's money didn't come from public fund, unlike somebody else.

Rob Ford is no Michael Bloomberg.

Michael Bloomberg is the Republican mayor of New York City. Even he sees that the car has no place in any city of tomorrow.

New York's Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Department of Transportation are on a mission to make the Big Apple the "greatest, greenest big city in the world" by ramping up bicycle infrastructure across the city, introducing bus rapid transit to the Bronx, and pedestrianizing Times Square, among other bold transportation initiatives.

[video=youtube;RbB5p2KYtyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbB5p2KYtyw[/video]

Rob Ford wants to end "the war on the car." Sorry, your vision and love affair with the car will be proven to be wrong.

From www.caseyresearch.com:

Oil is heading to US$200 per barrel. This isn’t speculation but hard fact. But forewarned is forearmed, and with this price expected within the next five years, investors have plenty of time to position themselves.

Positioning Toronto does not mean destroying public transit and streetcars as Rob Ford wants to do. It means building now, without delays.

Last edited:
What NYC has accomplished in terms of pedestrian/public infrastructure in a few short years should be an inspiration to all large western cities including ours.

And affordability has a lot to do with cost-effectiveness and maintain the same life style than absolute ability. You can probably live on $500 in Toronto, doesn't mean it's affordable. And as far as I know, Ford's money didn't come from public fund, unlike somebody else.

I know, it came from his dad, we already know that. The point is, as rich as his family is, they have nothing to complain about. They should be grateful for all the elitist privileges they have, not complaining that they can't afford to pay their taxes.

One thing that should be pointed out is polls use mainly home phone numbers to do their surveys. We all know many younger people don't have home phones. If they only use cell phones, they are never included in the surveys. Now if Ford's support is highest among older people, might the surveys not be a little skewed?. I read in one phone survey, the average age was 50 years old. Maybe things are a lot different than we realize. Well, at least it gives us anti-Ford people, some hope. I still am finding it incomprehensible that Ford could be mayor of my city. That will take a huge adjustment to come to terms with. :rolleyes:

One thing that should be pointed out is polls use mainly home phone numbers to do their surveys. We all know many younger people don't have home phones. If they only use cell phones, they are never included in the surveys. Now if Ford's support is highest among older people, might the surveys not be a little skewed?. I read in one phone survey, the average age was 50 years old. Maybe things are a lot different than we realize. Well, at least it gives us anti-Ford people, some hope. I still am finding it incomprehensible that Ford could be mayor of my city. That will take a huge adjustment to come to terms with. :rolleyes:

associated%20press_dewey_defeats_truman_L.jpg

It is said that the reason for printing the "Dewy Defeats Truman" headline at the time, was because of a poll taken using the telephone. At the time, the telephone was considered a luxury item and it was sometimes shared between households. In 1948, the group that voted Truman in was less likely to be included in a telephone poll.

If the urbantoronto.ca internet poll is of any value, it seems those on the internet may vote a different way than the telephone poll, maybe a different way for those who use cell phones only as well.

The polling people may have to change how they do their survey.

I know, it came from his dad, we already know that. The point is, as rich as his family is, they have nothing to complain about. They should be grateful for all the elitist privileges they have, not complaining that they can't afford to pay their taxes.

If things were that difficult for the lady, maybe Rob could spend his city allowance on constituent duties and give her the money he spends on that now?

Back