News   Apr 18, 2024
 470     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 3.6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

Roads: Ontario/GTA Highways Discussion

RFP released for part of the Bradford Bypass work.

From the above:

1637946134566.png

1637946162527.png

it's an RFP for the bridge over Yonge St only to be clear - I believe the province is planning to construct that bridge and the bridge over the Holland River in advance of the main contract from what I remember.

Simcoe County is also going to begin widening Yonge Street from Bradford to Barrie over the next decade, starting north of Bradford next year I believe. Which is likely why this contract is being brought forward early.

You are suggesting a train line to connect two highways? So people driving on 400 will leave their cars on the side of the highway and take the train to reach 404 where their second car would be waiting for them?

View attachment 367232
Here is an alternative to the Bradford Bypass. A GO service from Aurora to Milliken.
I'm amazed how neither the Liberals and NDP haven't made any alternatives to the GTA West and Bradford Bypass. Instead of proposing alternatives, they're just going to cancel it and let traffic in these areas get worse.

What a joke.

Summer starts after the election...
How would that effect it, as the contract would have been awarded months earlier?

Also, if the government were to change (which recent polling suggests is likely), it wouldn't happen until the summer, at earliest, even with the Spring election - which is what happened in 2018.

Though the current polling is suggesting that the result could be very similar to when the Liberals took over from the Conservatives in 1985, which tool almost 2 months to transition ... and the Conservatives could easily try and run it out to 4-5 months by not reconvening the legislature.

Either way, if they do what they've said they will do, the project is safe from the election results - it's not like any party is radically opposed to this 60-year old plan!

It will be interesting to see if they go ahead soon with any Hanlon interchanges other than Woodlawn - particularly Speedvale and Willow. Hanlon traffic is surely going to increase a lot when the new 7 opens, pouring most of traffic into the top of the Hanlon.

How would that effect it, as the contract would have been awarded months earlier?

Also, if the government were to change (which recent polling suggests is likely), it wouldn't happen until the summer, at earliest, even with the Spring election - which is what happened in 2018.

Though the current polling is suggesting that the result could be very similar to when the Liberals took over from the Conservatives in 1985, which tool almost 2 months to transition ... and the Conservatives could easily try and run it out to 4-5 months by not reconvening the legislature.

Either way, if they do what they've said they will do, the project is safe from the election results - it's not like any party is radically opposed to this 60-year old plan!

It will be interesting to see if they go ahead soon with any Hanlon interchanges other than Woodlawn - particularly Speedvale and Willow. Hanlon traffic is surely going to increase a lot when the new 7 opens, pouring most of traffic into the top of the Hanlon.
I believe MTO has the interchanges between Wellington and Laird in detailed design right now as well, but formal funding hasn't been made official yet.

We'll see.
This is a project that every party promises every election cycle ...
I've seen semi-detailed design work on this highway. Hanlon traffic will increase, although I'd rather know where they're (the people using this new highway) are headed. Toronto? University of Guelph? Downtown Kitchener?

Back