News   Jul 17, 2024
 147     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 746     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 618     0 

Roads: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Highway 410 (MTO, U/C, Planned)

Also keep in mind this isn't a simple widening... projects like this are extremely expensive and rarely happen anywhere in the world.

There aren't many other examples of a highway expansion project that more than doubles the amount of lanes (6 to 14) and completely reshapes the highway (collector-express).

Projects like this take considerable planning and funding and aim to provide a long-term solution to traffic congestion and creating an efficient roadway.

It's taken a long time to get here, and it's going to take a long time to build it, but at least their going to get it done right.

Amen brother. This is a huge undertaking. I cant wait for them to fix it, however it wont solve ALL the problems, the highway will have missing parts of the collector express system, the 401 at the 427 still needs to be re-built so the collectors go all the way through, once this is done then it will be the continuous collector lanes all the way through which makes more sense

Also keep in mind this isn't a simple widening... projects like this are extremely expensive and rarely happen anywhere in the world.

There aren't many other examples of a highway expansion project that more than doubles the amount of lanes (6 to 14) and completely reshapes the highway (collector-express).

Projects like this take considerable planning and funding and aim to provide a long-term solution to traffic congestion and creating an efficient roadway.

It's taken a long time to get here, and it's going to take a long time to build it, but at least their going to get it done right.

Amen brother. This is a huge undertaking. I cant wait for them to fix it, however it wont solve ALL the problems, the highway will have missing parts of the collector express system, the 401 at the 427 still needs to be re-built so the collectors go all the way through, once this is done then it will be the continuous collector lanes all the way through which makes more sense

any update to this? i noticed in the last few nights, there is some work and vehicular traffic in the east bound lanes, but i drive westbound so i cant really catch a glimpse of whats going on

New pics from Asphaltplanet.ca:

401_cl_342_west_Jun12_lg.jpg

401_cl_343_west_Jun12_lg.jpg

401_cl_343_east_Jun12_lg.jpg

Does anyone know:

If there will be a third lane in the westbound express system after the Hurontario exit from the express? Right now, after the exit, there are only 2 lanes until the Hurontario entrance.

Why is thre an entrance/exit to Hurontaio from the express lanes? Shouldn't there only be an exit/entrance in the collector lanes?

After the collector lanes are finished, will traffic be pushed over there and the current express lanes be torn apart and repaved?

Does anyone know:

If there will be a third lane in the westbound express system after the Hurontario exit from the express? Right now, after the exit, there are only 2 lanes until the Hurontario entrance.

Why is thre an entrance/exit to Hurontaio from the express lanes? Shouldn't there only be an exit/entrance in the collector lanes?

After the collector lanes are finished, will traffic be pushed over there and the current express lanes be torn apart and repaved?

Yes the express will have a third lane, possibly a fourth HOV(A) lane too. they reduced it because of the construction.

The highway was designed for a core and collector exit to highway 10 hurontario in mind, so yes thats why there is a almost basketweave there to achieve that. as for when they will be finnished? i dunno?

Yes the express will have a third lane, possibly a fourth HOV(A) lane too. they reduced it because of the construction.

The highway was designed for a core and collector exit to highway 10 hurontario in mind, so yes thats why there is a almost basketweave there to achieve that. as for when they will be finnished? i dunno?

2013/14 for this phase

Nice. notice the re-alignment of the 410 north ramp? its more to the right where the future collector lanes will be, that means u need to be in the collector to take teh 410, no more express?

New pics from Asphaltplanet.ca:

401_cl_342_west_Jun12_lg.jpg

401_cl_343_west_Jun12_lg.jpg

401_cl_343_east_Jun12_lg.jpg

Very nice pics dude, congrats on the great photography. I hope they widen the shoulders on the inner portion of the collectors, right now, its so narrow if someone pulls over lets say for an emergency, it will affect the traffic in the right lanes. they gotta fix this and i hope they replace that ugly guard rail with a new ontario tall wall, ie jersey barrier aka cement median

Still the same as of this morning, although they must be getting closer to opening up the eastbound collector. They've done a lot of work on the retaining wall for the 401E-410N ramp. Before Hurontario, it looks as though they put down a layer or two of asphalt a month or two ago, but it seems to just stop at the offramp.

Still the same as of this morning, although they must be getting closer to opening up the eastbound collector. They've done a lot of work on the retaining wall for the 401E-410N ramp. Before Hurontario, it looks as though they put down a layer or two of asphalt a month or two ago, but it seems to just stop at the offramp.

cool cant wait

Back