News   Oct 04, 2024
 2K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 3.8K     4 

road rage in Kensington Market

Adam, the photographer, does work for spacing -- so we were able to make a montage of the rage picture on our wire. Today alone 20,000 visited our site, because so many other blogs and sites linked to us.

When i first went to the city noise site, it was at 27,000 views for that thread, a hour later, 37,000. Who knows where else his picture ended up.

It's like internet justice -- maybe she didn't press charges, but now everybody knows. Better than the courts!

a lesson is learned for all this.

throwing garbage out of a window is a good way to meet women. :D

that dude was stupid.

Alas, she should have made a few more "unfortunate" nicks. Or at least smash a side window or two.

Either way, I think she got the better end of the bargain, monetary damages-wise.

The driver should be thankful it was HIS unwanted patty that got thrown into the vehicle, and not a Molotov cocktail.

AoD

From the Spacing wire (thanks for the link Shawn!):

The courier in question posted the accurate version of the story. It is pasted below:

…Although I am a courier, I was WALKING my bike up Augusta when the incident took place. He was driving and opened his door (while driving) and yelling profanities he threw his beef patty on a bun out of his door. I walked over to his car, and right or wrong, I opened the door and “gave†him back his food (which he MUST have dropped by accident!) He then lost it, and jumped out of his car and threw 2 large Timmies at meand then grabbed me by my helmet and tried to toss me around a bit.It was at that point that my bike lock key (that I wear on a bracelet around my wrist) scratched his car. I have read all the postings about people sympathetic to the car driver due to the expense of repairing the scratch but sorry folks, i doubt that it will cost him anything to repair as it was a 1.2cm mark in the clearcoat only(did not damage the paint) but regardless a scratch none the less. Then with some “encouraging†from some helpfull bystanders he got in his car and drove away…or so I thought! People were comming up to me and saying that I should have him charged but at that point I just figured I had made my anti-littering point and and eye for and eye with the coffee shower, I mean I did throw that patty right. But just as I was getting on my bike to ride home he came running back and thats when the photos start. He had driven half a block and decided that the scratch was worthy of a more thorough beating I guess.
And as for the police charging him…. He took off in his car as soon as he heard the sirens….they chased him down but it is not a crime to leave the scene. They were going to charge him with a variety of things including assult with a weapon x2, mischief x2, aggravated assault, etc, but the police informed me that if I went ahead and placed those charges then they would have to charge me with mischeif for the scratch.

I saw the courier today outside The Exchange Tower. Her bike with its blue handles was parked next to her. She was sorrounded by 4 people all talking about her adventure. These photos are ALL over the internet. She's the new "Starwars Kid"!

a lesson is learned for all this.

throwing garbage out of a window is a good way to meet women.

Looks like they skipped everything and went right to the nasty divorce.

Are there any pictures in The Star article? Everybody deserves to see these.

The Star didn't mention the enraged driver's name but they should have. His name is Stephen Cooks and he used to run a CD company on Yonge st. called Omnidisc.

Investigative forumers: lets see who's the first to get more info on this loser.

Metro:

Yup, 3 pics in sequence right on today's front page!

AoD

The Exchange Tower??? I'll have to keep my eye out for her!

Love The Star article. How soon before they track down the driver?

Above the fold, wow.

The star article doesn't discuss the fact that he physically assulted her -- that's not so good. I guess the pictures speak for themselves though.

I seem to remember Omnidisc....was it like a CD/record store? Around wellesley somewhere?

Between Yonge and Mt. Pleasant, immediately north of the cemetary.

AoD

Ha Ha Ha! This guy is so F*#@ked! Everybody who knows him will recognize him and worse, if he indeed still owns a business, the amount of people who do recognize him will be much higher, including clients, suppliers, etc.

May this be a lesson to litterbugs city wide.

Back