News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

Riverdale

Good catch. I hadn't even thought of Si Espresso Bar (and even if I had I probably would have had to had streetviewed it in order to get the name). I eat my words about no independent coffee culture on the Danforth.

Four Corners Culinary Concourse, which is apparently an incubator for independent food producers, is opening a three-storey facility in the building at 268 Danforth, opposite Bowden, the ground floor of which used to be occupied by the Thuna herbalist. Claiming a summer 2014 opening, but that seems optimistic.

http://fourcorners.cc

Permit application for 411 Danforth Av (same unit as the old 417 Restaurant) indicates "Louis Cifer Brew Works". I think someone said it was going to be a Keg? Looks like it could be a microbrewery/restaurant.

--

TORONTO M4K 1P1

Ward 30: Toronto-Danforth

Application#: 14 176255 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jun 18, 2014

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations for new restaurant with 218 seats on the ground floor and mezzanine level. New restaurant is "Louis Cifer Brew works"

That's sounds like it could be more interesting than another chain restaurant. Just hope they do a better job fixing up the place than the 417 Lounge did.

As much as I hate chain restaurants, a Keg had a chance there. Nothing else will. Space is too big and, with minimal patio opp, there is no desired Danforth vibe.

I know this isn't Riverdale proper but I couldn't find a thread for border of East York and Toronto.

I swear there was a church on Westwood near Carlaw. Now there's just giant hole in the ground.

In any event, Westwood is pure East York. The tricky part are those lands north of Danforth, south of East York, which aren't really Riverdale. Sometimes just get called Greektown (which is more the strip on both sides) or "the Danforth" (vague). Part of it is obviously Playter Estates. When the lands east of the Don, west of Donlands, south of Fulton/Selkirk were annexed to Toronto in 1908, they were known as Chester or the Village of Chester. That name didn't stick.

Does anyone know what the status is of the huge space at 417 Danforth? I had read a while ago that the Keg had leased it, but there has been no activity there for quite a while.

Curly posted above that there is a permit application for 417 Danforth for the space to become "Louis Cifer Brew Works".
Oops -- my apologies for not seeing that.

A possible microbrew on the Danforth? That has potential!

In any event, Westwood is pure East York. The tricky part are those lands north of Danforth, south of East York, which aren't really Riverdale. Sometimes just get called Greektown (which is more the strip on both sides) or "the Danforth" (vague). Part of it is obviously Playter Estates. When the lands east of the Don, west of Donlands, south of Fulton/Selkirk were annexed to Toronto in 1908, they were known as Chester or the Village of Chester. That name didn't stick.

Yes, but do we have a thread for Chester or Todmorden or Pape Village? Maybe we should. I find myself wanting to post stuff, and probably have, but with no really accurate places to put them.

Yes, but do we have a thread for Chester or Todmorden or Pape Village? Maybe we should. I find myself wanting to post stuff, and probably have, but with no really accurate places to put them.
Riverdale "proper" is bounded by Pape / Danforth / Broadview / Gerrard.

Back