News   May 10, 2024
 481     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 376     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 455     0 

Riverdale

Lack of parking is a constant refrain from the BIAs, and for whatever reason the local Councillors seem beholden to the BIAs. Case Ootes got himself in trouble trying (again) to convert Logan Field into a parking lot - that was a stupid fight that any Councillor in his or her right mind should have avoided, but Ootes was likely pushed into it. I think Fragedakis is in the same boat. Ex-Montreal Girl would tell us that there are some shady characters with altogether too much influence on these issues. Don't doubt it.

Would have preferred something more exciting moving into where Omania was instead of a chain, the main strip is getting boring IMO, the Greek options whilst still plenty are stale and outdated and most young Greeks are embarrassed to walk into these Restos lol...if they want to stick around they need to rebrand themselves into more casual dining places with a more cafe vibe instead of looking like something out of the 70s and 80s, in the last 3-4 years I've found myself eating more Greek food at the new Greek places along pape and they're always busy.

Lack of parking is a constant refrain from the BIAs, and for whatever reason the local Councillors seem beholden to the BIAs. Case Ootes got himself in trouble trying (again) to convert Logan Field into a parking lot - that was a stupid fight that any Councillor in his or her right mind should have avoided, but Ootes was likely pushed into it. I think Fragedakis is in the same boat. Ex-Montreal Girl would tell us that there are some shady characters with altogether too much influence on these issues. Don't doubt it.
http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2016.GM10.9

Would have preferred something more exciting moving into where Omania was instead of a chain, the main strip is getting boring IMO, the Greek options whilst still plenty are stale and outdated and most young Greeks are embarrassed to walk into these Restos lol...if they want to stick around they need to rebrand themselves into more casual dining places with a more cafe vibe instead of looking like something out of the 70s and 80s, in the last 3-4 years I've found myself eating more Greek food at the new Greek places along pape and they're always busy.

I am doing my Montreal chauvinist thing here but there are so many great Greek restaurants in Montreal that I wish could be duplicated here.

Also, I would kill for a really good Italian restaurant, preferably southern cuisine. Sometimes, I just want to walk over for some comfort food (pasta) and not have to cook it myself.

And then there's seafood. Must it always come wrapped in rice or seaweed? Enough already.

Interesting someone has posted on Twitter that the owners of Omonia have sold it to a Greek guy who will open up a pizza parlour.

Back