News   Jul 03, 2024
 772     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 820     2 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

IMG2065-L.jpg

IMG2067-L.jpg

Diana's Seafood Bar & Grill - 2105 Lawrence Ave. East

This place has the best seafood in the city. All their courses are extremely tasty. Last time I went, I had the steak and lobster, which was amazing. I love the fact that they remove the lobster tail from it's shell, saving the customer the mess and task of cracking the thing open, themselves. Their cheesecake dessert is really unique and delicious. You can't go wrong at this place. I went for the first time with my family, nieces and nephews, for my father's birthday and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. The only problem is that the restaurant is very small, so getting a table can be hard. The owners are planning on expanding this year, however.

20110916-dianasseafood-1.jpg

Dunno whether this is the thread for such stuff, but I noticed the Wendy's at the St Clair Centre is closed--no more of that seductively greasy North American fast food odour headed into the subway anymore...

Forte Bistro on Richmond street next to the Hilton is closed. Little Anthony’s on Richmond St behind the Sheraton is closed and set to re-open as Little Anthony’s Italian and Bar some time in March.

Anyone know if the Wendy's/Tim Horton's on Front St. at Church St. is closed? It's not listed on their website, and I'm having a craving for Wendy's. Not to mention I have coupons.

Yup it closed about 6 weeks ago
its going to be a jack astors
jersey giant was also to close yet is still open
any know anything about it

"The Mods" were at the Giant the other night and we can assure you it is still open, although not sure for how much longer.

Jersey Giant is currently selling $40 vouchers for $20 on LivingSocial which expire in October. If they might be closing closing I won't buy it, I've bought enough dud vouchers.

Neither a coming nor a going, but I wasn't sure where to put this... Zagat has come out with its 2012 list of top Toronto restaurants. Top rated for food are: Scaramouche, Chiado, Burger's Priest, George, Campagnolo, Sushi Kaji, North 44, Nota Bene, Auberge du Pommier.

Last edited:
Yup it closed about 6 weeks ago
its going to be a jack astors
jersey giant was also to close yet is still open
any know anything about it

because if this city needs anything.....it has to be another Jack Astors!

I despise Jack Astor's food, but I must give them credit on John Street. The premises looks quite good. Hopefully, they will replicate that in St. Lawrence.

It is just a personal thing but it is the whole concept of "replicating" that bothers me about JA (and other such chains).

Back