News   Apr 16, 2024
 496     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 421     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 778     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Another food hall....how many food halls do we need? SMH 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️
It's just a fancy name for a Food Court and there should be one food court for every office tower/complex.

The last time I was in Vegas (decades ago), we bemoaned the fact that everything was buffet, and we couldn’t find a decent sit down restaurant.

I for one won’t miss a buffet except for the odd amazing brunch spread.

Now a days you need to be rich to visit Vegas. Every restaurant is an overpriced corporate celebrity chef restaurant. And those cheap buffets have been turned into food-halls, which are just expensive food courts.

Now a days you need to be rich to visit Vegas. Every restaurant is an overpriced corporate celebrity chef restaurant. And those cheap buffets have been turned into food-halls, which are just expensive food courts.
And the buffets with the really good stuff on offer come with strings attached like a 90 minute seating time limit, much of which you will spend waiting in the lines or waiting for the personalized dishes to be prepped for you.

That's why you go during lunch time! The food is the same and the price is about $27 per person.
The Mandarin $27 price does not apply to holidays or special events. Mother's day is $37.99 all day. (same food...as far as I know...)

Or how successful will it be? Annex Food Hall (near Bloor & Spadina) closed down a while ago. I'm honestly not sure how others are doing.
I don't know how things are organised here, but there's lots of reports of food halls in the U.S. that have shaky or shady operators that have left their vendors in the lurch, including suddenly locking them out, or applying unrealistic operating rules to force them out, or sometimes the whole food hall goes bankrupt and the landlord locks the doors to the building in the middle of the night with no notice to the vendors.

Many of these seem more like real estate ventures than "food halls".

Last edited:
B978246C-F77B-492C-8A8E-EA0A914B6893.jpeg

Oh Wow...i just noticed the cannabis shop next to "Dave's Hot Chicken" is now closed and the space is for lease. Well, that didn't take too long to occur.
No surprise. Too many too close together. I figure more will also close down soon.

No surprise. Too many too close together. I figure more will also close down soon.
It's a wonderful trend I've noticed! The pot shop explosion of the last couple of years really got on my nerves, so it's nice to see it scaling back.

Back