News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

It's another chain, but a local one, so it might be worth mentioning that Wild Wing is opening up on Yonge just south of College where the Rasan's (home of the cities longest running going-out-of-business sale) used to be. Pretty decent chain for what it is, and I imagine it'll do quite well there

I have ate at a Wild Wing. AWFUL! wings are so over priced, they have 101 chicken wing sauces, most of sauces sound pretty gross, and everything on the menu is pretty much deep fried and lots of different types of french fries in cheeses and sauces.
I'll stick with eating the 99 cent wings at some scuzzy pub its still better than wild wing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Ohio, (but addicted to Toronto) and Outback has been pretty successful here. It's not usually the first pick, but it has done fairly well. Nothing special.

Last night, after going to Ronnie's across the street, I checked out the Grilled Cheese on its opening day/night. For $5 I got 3 different kinds of cheese grilled on a baguette, with some corn chips and hummus included in the deal. It was good, but as a fan of sauces, I found the sandwich a bit too dry for my taste. (And the house made hummus needs garlic!) Some mango chutney, like this really good cheddar/chutney/avocado sandwich Junction spot Cool Hand of a Girl makes, would do wonders, imho. Anyhow, late night clubbers, check out Robbie and his mate Nicole (owner of that hair salon near Ideal Coffee) on Nassau in the market for some cheesy treats!

Last edited:
I live in Ohio, (but addicted to Toronto) and Outback has been pretty successful here. It's not usually the first pick, but it has done fairly well. Nothing special.

Ohio has its own Toronto - and Ontario, apparently - in case you get bored with ours.

Bluefin Sushi to MI NE Sushi, Cityplace

The Bluefin Sushi at 325 Bremner Blvd in Cityplace, which had been open since about February, has recently morphed into a MI NE Sushi. I don't eat sushi so I don't have a clue if this is a good thing or a bad thing or whether it counts as a significant restaurant, but I am thankful for each retail in Cityplace that isn't a standard generic chain (which applies both to Bluefin and MI NE I assume). I did prefer the Bluefin exterior colour scheme however, which had a sharp looking blue and white border.

3928196064_48cc43f8aa.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41002894@N07/3928196064/

The Bluefin Sushi at 325 Bremner Blvd in Cityplace, which had been open since about February, has recently morphed into a MI NE Sushi. I don't eat sushi so I don't have a clue if this is a good thing or a bad thing or whether it counts as a significant restaurant, but I am thankful for each retail in Cityplace that isn't a standard generic chain (which applies both to Bluefin and MI NE I assume). I did prefer the Bluefin exterior colour scheme however, which had a sharp looking blue and white border.

I wonder if the recent publicity about unsustainable fishing practices contributed to the name change. Bluefin Tuna is one of the most endangered fish in the sea, mostly due to its desirability for sushi in Japan.

http://www.panda.org/what_we_do/footprint/smart_fishing/sustainable_fisheries/bluefin_tuna/

There is Poutine place that opened up on Dundas, right across from Fillmore's. It is just east of Jarvis on Dundas South side. Was there last night, they have about 20 different poutines. My wife an I shared a regular size Nacho Grande which is around $10 taxes in, and it was enough for both of us. That one in particular was very tasty, I can't wait to try the rest.

There is Poutine place that opened up on Dundas, right across from Fillmore's. It is just east of Jarvis on Dundas South side. Was there last night, they have about 20 different poutines. My wife an I shared a regular size Nacho Grande which is around $10 taxes in, and it was enough for both of us. That one in particular was very tasty, I can't wait to try the rest.

That's Smoke's second location.

http://smokespoutinerie.com/

The first location is on Adelaide just west of Simcoe above Burrito Boys.

A burger place is taking over the old Greek Island restaurant at Yonge at College.

The Bluefin Sushi at 325 Bremner Blvd in Cityplace, which had been open since about February, has recently morphed into a MI NE Sushi. I don't eat sushi so I don't have a clue if this is a good thing or a bad thing or whether it counts as a significant restaurant, but I am thankful for each retail in Cityplace that isn't a standard generic chain (which applies both to Bluefin and MI NE I assume). I did prefer the Bluefin exterior colour scheme however, which had a sharp looking blue and white border.[/URL]

I actually tried it the other day. It's pretty good, though pricer than the usual "cheap sushi" joints.

We need a special "hotline" thread for time-sensitive FREE STUFF like that.

I'll second that.

So how are the burgers?

Back