News   May 10, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.5K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Anything new and interesting in the Entertainment District? I'm going to the theatre for the first time since covid and am out of the loop with that area.

We designed 11:59 (AM/PM) to be a transformative space.

A café in the day and a lounge at night.

We pride ourselves on being a versatile and welcoming destination where you can enjoy the best of both worlds.

We wanted to be there for all the small but important details in your life - the morning coffee to get your day started or afternoon meal that keeps you going at work, and the cocktail you sip on to unwind after a long day.

Come join us in our vibrant, contemporary space, and make yourself at home.

70 Temperance Street
Unit 1
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 0B1

We designed 11:59 (AM/PM) to be a transformative space.

A café in the day and a lounge at night.

We pride ourselves on being a versatile and welcoming destination where you can enjoy the best of both worlds.

We wanted to be there for all the small but important details in your life - the morning coffee to get your day started or afternoon meal that keeps you going at work, and the cocktail you sip on to unwind after a long day.

Come join us in our vibrant, contemporary space, and make yourself at home.

70 Temperance Street
Unit 1
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 0B1

Hmmm, this sounds decent............

1700020300504.png

The above is $15

Below........ha ha, you must be kidding:

1700020360079.png

Not that any of these are bad, but they they are price above a duck sandwich, really?

Ok, read the whole menu...............some decent looking stuff, but a lack of cohesive culinary vision; unless the over use of 'whipped feta' counts.

The prices are really odd, I mean they aren't way high in the aggregate, but they don't line up w/the product descriptions well.

It will be opening at the stockyard at St. Clair West

At [Marry Me Mochi] we are dedicated to pioneering the evolution of the traditional donut, marrying the beauty of the timeless Japanese mochi with the universal appeal of the american donut. Our mission is to create a love story between our customers and our mochi donuts. Every mochi donut designed to captivate from the very first bite - fostering a bond that lasts a lifetime.

Hmmm, this sounds decent............

View attachment 520286
The above is $15

Below........ha ha, you must be kidding:

View attachment 520287

Not that any of these are bad, but they they are price above a duck sandwich, really?

Ok, read the whole menu...............some decent looking stuff, but a lack of cohesive culinary vision; unless the over use of 'whipped feta' counts.

The prices are really odd, I mean they aren't way high in the aggregate, but they don't line up w/the product descriptions well.

@Northern Light I think the pricing is not too bad considering it's the financial district...i look at this spot as a place to unwind after work or grab a quick coffee bite on the way to work.

The drink prices are pretty decent. Wine per glass are between $14 -$16 and cocktail are roughly about the same. Beers are $8 which is unheard of, especially in the financial district.

Must be a great first date spot or colleague's happy hour too.

This place reminds me of "The Annex Hotel Wine Bar" up nearby Koreatown.

Last edited:
I think the point wasn't that the price is overly high, just that it's weird for a smoked duck sandwich to cost less than a green salad or a bowl of cauliflower with pickled onions.

Speaking of snacks/sandwiches, the little sandwiches at the place in Table at the new CIBC building are really fun, and cheap.

I think the point wasn't that the price is overly high, just that it's weird for a smoked duck sandwich to cost less than a green salad or a bowl of cauliflower with pickled onions.

Speaking of snacks/sandwiches, the little sandwiches at the place in Table at the new CIBC building are really fun, and cheap.

I know! I mean hey pricing is given by market demand.

The smoked duck sandwich is cheaper perhaps it's a smaller portion or repurposed from another entree. Also, bread typically lasts longer and can be purchased cheaply in bulk.

Salad on the other hand is prone to wilting easily and often makes up the difference in margin by adding "extra protein" add on.

Which spot is this, I didn't notice a sandwich spot in their vendor list.
It's the little bar in the middle (In Good Spirits). They have five small sandwiches, and two of them make a perfect lunch. There's a duck, pulled pork, mushroom, smoked salmon and chicken.

They have a deal where you can get two, plus a side (chips or salad) plus a fountain drink for $17 (and if you ask really nicely, they just may give you glass of wine instead of a fountain drink).

They also have one with foie gras which is a bit $$$ and not on the menu, but was delicious.

It's the little bar in the middle (In Good Spirits). They have five small sandwiches, and two of them make a perfect lunch. There's a duck, pulled pork, mushroom, smoked salmon and chicken.

They have a deal where you can get two, plus a side (chips or salad) plus a fountain drink for $17 (and if you ask really nicely, they just may give you glass of wine instead of a fountain drink).

They also have one with foie gras which is a bit $$$ and not on the menu, but was delicious.

I like this part!
and if you ask really nicely, they just may give you glass of wine instead of a fountain drink).

Back