News   Apr 29, 2024
 264     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 799     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Morning Glory @ King and Gilead has closed; too bad, it was a nice place.

I saw the positive press about it; tried it once w/friends. Didn't meet w/high approval.

Our impression was cramped, hardly room to eat w/4 of us.

Also the salad came with a very sweet dressing and the salad wasn't tossed in it.

There were some other culinary fumbles.

Still sad to see a business go.

Looks like Bosk is no more. It has vanished from the Shangri-La's website and it is no longer on OpenTable. I had some great meals there.

Bosk was amazing! Unfortunately fine dining will be a thing of the past until we get a cure for Covid. Not much demand for sit it down restaurants these days. especially those with with 40 to 60 dollar entrees. These types of meals you cannot prepare for take out. Restaurants are going to have to revamp their menus if they want to survive.

With the announcement this afternoon of a ban on indoor dining, I anticipate this will be the nail in the coffin for many restaurants, especially with patio season coming to a close.
Really not looking forward to the post-Covid recovery.

Not because I don't think we will recover quickly as an economy, but because it will be so utterly boring without any restaurants and bars.

With the announcement this afternoon of a ban on indoor dining, I anticipate this will be the nail in the coffin for many restaurants, especially with patio season coming to a close.

Especially with only hours’ notice. Many might have been stuck with full fridges and pantries in anticipation of the weekend.

Hopefully people support them via takeout. Where I am, many restaurants were offering takeout Thanksgiving meals and sold out days ago. I ordered some charcuterie from a local caterer, and their place was hopping.

I picked up take-out at Alobar Friday evening. A few weeks ago, their patio was full and there were people dining inside as well. On Friday, there was no one there but staff. I was told their take-out is very successful, and it's become a weekly habit for us, but I don't know if that's enough for them to go through the winter months (I'm sure those restrictions will be extended).

Back