419     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 514     0 

Renting in the Financial District...

Vantage

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am currently searching for my very first studio apartment so I thought I would consult the experienced members here for a few questions I had.

As a little background I’m in my 20s and work in the financial district. I am currently looking to rent a bachelor for no more than $1200/month utilities included. I’m primarily interested in living within walking distance of my work and thus I would appreciate your suggestions on places to consider.

So far my prime candidate for an apartment seems to be the Rosemont Theatre District Residences which seem to offer $1200/month unfurnished bachelors (utilities included) and every amenity I could desire. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of this place?

I look forward to your other thoughts/suggestions.

Cheers

I'm just surprised to hear of the idea of renting property in the Financial District, which I always think of as being an exclusively employment area with bank headquarters.

I have a friend who rented in the Rosemont Theatre District Residences and he quite liked it. From what I've heard, it is well managed and well maintained. It's on the pricey side, but you can't beat the location.

Don't limit yourself to the Financial District. Focus on the area bordered by King / Spadina on the West, King / Sherbourne on the East and King / College on the North. I lived in Mozo at King / Sherbourne - 15 min walk to First Canadian Place - and a great neighbourhood - St. Lawrence Market, movie theatre, LCBO, lots of pubs and restaurants, etc.

Hello all,

I am currently searching for my very first studio apartment so I thought I would consult the experienced members here for a few questions I had.

As a little background I’m in my 20s and work in the financial district. I am currently looking to rent a bachelor for no more than $1200/month utilities included. I’m primarily interested in living within walking distance of my work and thus I would appreciate your suggestions on places to consider.

So far my prime candidate for an apartment seems to be the Rosemont Theatre District Residences which seem to offer $1200/month unfurnished bachelors (utilities included) and every amenity I could desire. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of this place?

I look forward to your other thoughts/suggestions.

Cheers

I own a unit in 1 King West that is available as of March 10th. It is fully furnished on the 41st floor with a lake and city view. It may be a bit pricey for you at $1675 all in but there are other lower priced units in the building as well. It does have a killer view for what it's worth!

Don't limit yourself to the Financial District. Focus on the area bordered by King / Spadina on the West, King / Sherbourne on the East and King / College on the North. I lived in Mozo at King / Sherbourne - 15 min walk to First Canadian Place - and a great neighbourhood - St. Lawrence Market, movie theatre, LCBO, lots of pubs and restaurants, etc.

I spent some time looking at places in the St. Lawrence Market neighbourhood and recently purchased pre-construction there. It's definitely a great neighbourhood and very close to both King and Union stations and, of course, the financial district.

Catapult could possibly attest to this... Mozo is considered a very good building. The floor plans are either outstanding or not that great (i.e. lots of hallway). But I don't think the floor plan is too much of a concern at your stage right now. What you will get is a great neighbourhood that's close to everything, on the King streetcar line, and close to the subway.

I wouldn't limit yourself to the financial district. Not much of a neighbourhood and it's dead on the weekend. Plus it's "too" close to work. :)

Back