News   May 03, 2024
 215     0 

Real Estate issues in the P & C thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alklay

Member Bio
Reaction score
There is a proliferation of real estate topics in the P&C threads. It is mostly by newbies. As well, there is a lot of unrelated stuff on the P&C threads but I am convinced that if you take away real estate matters, the other stuff my disappear as well.

What is needed is a clear indication at the top of the P&C thread, perhaps in bold, that real estate issues (such as sale price, closing dates, locker size, shades of toilet bowls), have to be discussed in the real estate thread (with perhaps a link) or else the post will be deleted.

Newbies may be a little frustrated when they go to the real estate thread and the project is not there (and they are unable to start a thread) but that has to be addressed. Perhaps a thread should be instantly opened up in the real estate section for each new project (or perhaps the real estate section should be split into two sections: general and projects).

Just my two cents. I love this forum and I very much appreciate the work the moderators do. There must be a way to make their lives a little easier.

What would I do?

1) More moderators. (Read: Active users)
2) Start actually enforcing the Rules of Conduct. Particularly on the newbies, which seem to really not be reading that thread.
3) Get rid of moderators who don't contribute to UT, and demote them to just regular users.
4) Clean up the forum. Go through the entire P & C forum, and move old threads of completed projects. Maybe delete a couple of rarely used forums. Open up a suggestions thread to see what users want, and pin it to the top of each forum.
5) Make it so nobody under 10 or 15 posts can start threads.

Last edited:
6) Transport the elderly who exceed 2,000 posts to Hanlan's Point in January and let nature take its course.
7) Herd recidivist newbies onto boxcars and send them east for resettlement.
8) Institute a loyalty oath to Ming The Merciless.
9) Make the trains run on time. Drain the swamps. Invade Abyssinia.
10) Appear at forum meets dressed as the Grim Reaper carrying a scythe.

This forum is called Forum Issues. When a user wishes to express their issues with the forum, one gets mocked (by a moderator no less) instead of encouraged to speak about the problems and resolve them.

There is a proliferation of real estate topics in the P&C threads. It is mostly by newbies. As well, there is a lot of unrelated stuff on the P&C threads but I am convinced that if you take away real estate matters, the other stuff my disappear as well.

What is needed is a clear indication at the top of the P&C thread, perhaps in bold, that real estate issues (such as sale price, closing dates, locker size, shades of toilet bowls), have to be discussed in the real estate thread (with perhaps a link) or else the post will be deleted.

Newbies may be a little frustrated when they go to the real estate thread and the project is not there (and they are unable to start a thread) but that has to be addressed. Perhaps a thread should be instantly opened up in the real estate section for each new project (or perhaps the real estate section should be split into two sections: general and projects).

Just my two cents. I love this forum and I very much appreciate the work the moderators do. There must be a way to make their lives a little easier.

This will be addressed in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back