News   May 13, 2024
 236     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 633     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 658     0 

Quick Mississauga City Centre Tour

FM,

Will the Confederation Pkwy extention also be constructed similar to what you described for City Centre Dr. and Burnamthorpe.

If so, having these three streets built to those standards will definitely go a long way to urbanizing MCC and creating more of a sense of place - and of course help to encourage pedestrian activity.

Hey Mike, Confederation up to Rathburn is under construction as we speak. At the moment I'm not impressed, as the road still looks too wide. However, it does have a centre median with banners poles to be installed and on street parking.

Louroz

Hey! FutureMayor, when do we get that Magical Mystery Tour of Mississauga you promised us a couple of years ago?

FM,

Any plans or photos available for the extension? Also will it have nice wide sidewalks, or the more suburban thinner variety.

I'd also be interested in this Magical Mystery Tour....

Citygate is great for Missy but would be ordinary in Toronto. I also believe the sprandrels are painted metal (instead of coloured glass) which usually fades and looks utterly horrible after 5 to 8 years

Mike in TO,

I don't have any renderings or anything, but I'm sure I can get my hands on some.

The new sidewalks around the new Capital Buildings across from City Hall are HUGE by Mississauga standards. With those retail shops on the bottom, I can already see patios and seating overflowing with people. Should be nice summer for Mississauga City Centre.

Louroz

FM,

Any idea of the size or timing of the next Capital Central Park (Daniels) tower? They seem to be very focused on selling all the remaining inventory in the existing towers - which is taking quite a while. With the Amacon development across the road and all the press being generated by Absolute, Daniels may be slowing down significantly.

Can't speak about future towers, but One Park Tower (the third one) is under construction right now. It will be interesting to see how the MCC market works with the introduction of AbsoluteWorld.

It'd be nice if the next Daniels tower after Capital N/S and One Park could push the height limits. They have some decent designs (we're finally getting some Gargoyles) so I think just adding some height over there would be nice. The horrible UltraOvation will hopefully hit the can and be replaced with something better, unlikely but we can hope)

Back