News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

A "vaccine passport" instead of a "vaccine certificate"?

giphy.gif
From link.

It appears the Ford gov't is set to the unthinkable............something I approve of........ LOL

Its a proverbial 1/2 measure.....but they are moving in the direction of giving restaurants and bars access to booze at wholesale prices.

In reality what they are proposing is a 10% discount off retail, + waiving the current licensee fee which is roughly 1%.

So the hospitality sector will go from paying 101% of retail to 90% of retail.

I do see that as a positive.

I don't have a desire to see radical cuts in booze prices generally; however, on principle its absurd to have a re-seller paying retail price.

I would argue for true wholesale pricing which would be in the 50% of retail price range depending on the product.

Something I've long thought is that that change should be tied to a hike in the minimum wage, including a premium for late night work (after 11pm)

Arguably there is a link here to the recent move to eliminate the lower 'server' minimum wage.

So, at any rate, I'm happy to see this, but let's move in the future to proper wholesale pricing, with a move to a minimum wage closer to $20 per hour (with reasonable phase in) and a 20% premium to the minimum for late-night and overnight work.

Last edited:
It appears the Ford gov't is set to the unthinkable............something I approve of........ LOL

Its a proverbial 1/2 measure.....but they are moving in the direction of giving restaurants and bars access to booze at wholesale prices.

In reality what they are proposing is a 10% discount off retail, + waiving the current licensee fee which is roughly 1%.

So the hospitality sector will go from paying 101% of retail to 90% of retail.

I do see that as a positive.

I don't have a desire to see radical cuts in booze prices generally; however, on principle its absurd to have a re-seller paying retail price.

I would argue for true wholesale pricing which would be in the 50% of retail price range depending on the product.

Something I've long thought is that that change should be tied to a hike in the minimum wage, including a premium for late night work (after 11pm)

Arguably there is a link here to the recent move to eliminate the lower 'server' minimum wage.

So, at any rate, I'm happy to see this, but let's move in the future to proper wholesale pricing, with a move to a minimum wage closer to $20 per hour (with reasonable phase in) and a 20% premium to the minimum for late-night and overnight work.
CGjq.gif
From link.

Does alcohol cause COVID?

Not likely, but if you drink enough, you might get drunk enough to forget you have it. OR you can always claim that alcohol protects you from getting it…. You know it could be a tasty disinfectant. 😁😁😀😃😂🥃🥂🍷🍹
In other news, alcoholic beverages contain the active ingredient in hand sanitizer, which is ethanol, albeit in much lower ABV.

There's a reason why hand sanitizer is consumed in large quantities by those who cannot legally access alcoholic beverages.

To alcohol!.....the solution to all of life's problems.
In other news, alcoholic beverages contain the active ingredient in hand sanitizer, which is ethanol, albeit in much lower ABV.

There's a reason why hand sanitizer is consumed in large quantities by those who cannot legally access alcoholic beverages.

OK, now we wash our hands with the good stuff, sanitize with some excellent single malt, then lick em dry…..

Back