News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I mean, strictly speaking, more testing does create more cases ...

Testing doesn’t create cases, it identifies and counts them.
I meant that in the most sarcastic way possible; if there's no testing, the official numbers don't increase. It's a stupid line of thinking.

As Ontario's minimum wage rises today to $15CAD..........a reminder..........

Seattle's minimum wage also went up today, to $17.27USD or $21.83CAD per hour.

That makes their minimum wage, in a very comparable jurisdiction, a whopping 45% higher than ours.

Here's the Ford government's spokesperson in action, attacking Ontario doctors this morning.

Well.........he really seems to be attacking David Fisman.

I must confess I can get behind that.............I don't have a particularly flatter opinion of his character or ability.

Though, I could certainly say the same of Nick Kouvalis too.

This on CP24:

Published Sunday, January 2, 2022 4:22PM EST
Last Updated Sunday, January 2, 2022 4:40PM EST

The Ford government is considering introducing tougher COVID-19 restrictions as Ontario continues to see record-breaking daily new cases.
Sources told CTV News Toronto that Premier Doug Ford and his cabinet are meeting Sunday afternoon to discuss possible measures to preserve hospital capacity and keep schools open amid the spread of the Omicron variant.
Among the measures being considered include banning indoor dining, lowering indoor (from 10 people to 5) and outdoor gathering limits, and decreasing capacity for essential retail to 50 per cent and 25 per cent for non-essential retail, sources said.

The government, sources said, is also considering putting limits on gyms and personal care services as well as banquet halls and weddings.
In addition, the province is looking into cancelling ticketed events.
If the measures are approved, the province is planning to implement these measures for at least three weeks before reassessing the situation, sources said.
The cabinet meeting is being held the same day as Ontario reported more than 16,000 new cases of COVID-19. On Saturday, the province set a record for the number of new daily infections with more than 18,000.
Officials have advised that due to testing limitations, the numbers are an underestimate

Remember this from April 24, 2021...

Doug Ford can’t give up his BlackBerry phone.

See link.

Latest news for Doug...

Some BlackBerry phones will officially stop working tomorrow

See link.

Once considered the “safest phone in the world,” your good old BlackBerry will officially stop working on January 4.

The company recently made an announcement informing users that it will no longer be running services for “BlackBerry 7.1 OS and earlier, BlackBerry 10 software, BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 and earlier versions.”

In what BlackBerry calls an “end of life termination,” these phones will no longer “reliably function,” meaning users can no longer use data, make phone calls (including 9-1-1), and send texts.

According to the company “the termination of these service offerings and infrastructure will also impact functionality for applications” such as Enhanced Sim Based Licensing (ESBL) / Identity Based Licensing (IBL), BlackBerry hosted email addresses, BlackBerry Link, BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and more.

The first BlackBerry device, the 850 two-way pager, was introduced in 1999 by Canadian parent-company RIM (Research in Motion).

Throughout the 2000s, the company dominated the cell phone industry. The ability to send emails on the go enhanced its popularity along with its full QWERTY keyboard, track wheel, and unique instant messaging service (BBM).

Although it was the leading smartphone in many markets, the Apple iPhone ultimately planted its flag in the cellular market, contributing to BlackBerry’s rapid decline.

Slowing growth and net losses forced the company to shoulder a massive lay-off of 2,000 employees in the summer of 2011. Another layoff in 2013 saw the loss of over 5,000 employees.

In 2016 current CEO John Chen announced that the company’s transition to a software company was complete and that BlackBerry would stop producing cell phones altogether, moving toward software and cybersecurity initiatives instead.

That’s ok, when was the last time Doug made a serious effort to work without being influenced by cronies. I am more than a little “peeved” by his handling of the day by day situations of this province. I have a few friends who need to be tested to see if they have a virus and can’t. To make it worse a friend came down with all the indications of Covid over the holidays and was forced to call a walk in clinic. They did not test him or swab his throat, but they are treating him with antibiotics in the hope it is bacterial. The message he got was: “if it is a bacterial infection it will go away, if it doesn’t resolve it is probably Covid “ and yes he is vaccinated time two. Disgusting

Back