396     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 505     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

OMG!
Jim Wilson’s resignation announcement was delayed to protect accuser, Ford says
https://www.thestar.com/politics/pr...was-delayed-to-protect-accuser-ford-says.html

Oh fer shure, eh? Just like Patrick Brown's...

Ford is an expert in treading filth on the carpet. Keep it up Dougie!

Addendum: And now more, and why many of us intuitively sensed something very wrong with "The Yak":
Sister of Ford’s shuffled transport minister represents key stakeholder
By Marieke Walsh. Published on Nov 7, 2018 5:08am

TORONTO — The transportation minister, whom Premier Doug Ford abruptly shuffled to a different cabinet post, has a sister at the top of a key stakeholder and lobby group for the ministry of transportation.

On Monday, Ford shuffled then-transportation minister John Yakabuski to the natural resources and forestry file. So far, the government has given no explanation for the demotion.

On Tuesday, iPolitics learned that Yakabuski’s sister, Marlene Yakabuski, is the president of the Ontario Road Builders’ Association (ORBA). It’s registered to lobby the Ministry of Transportation and bills itself as “the voice of the majority of road-building contractors who build and maintain both provincial and municipal roads, bridges, public transit systems, and core civil infrastructure.”

The group’s mandate falls squarely in the orbit of the transportation department, which is responsible for “improving Ontario’s highway, bridge, and border infrastructure” and “increasing transit ridership.”

Marlene is also the vice-president of corporate affairs at Bot Construction Group. A subsidiary of that company — called Bot Holdings Ltd. — has an outside lobbyist registered to petition the provincial government.
[...]
https://ipolitics.ca/2018/11/07/sis...ransport-minister-represents-key-stakeholder/

This is behind paywall, so I won't post any more of it, but you can access it by opening a fresh page of a browser, copying the title into the blank address bar, and letting Google find it, then click on their link.

Last edited:
Well I do think Ford seems tamer lately than usual so I think there is a battle between Ford Populist vs Traditional Tories.

Well I do think Ford seems tamer lately than usual so I think there is a battle between Ford Populist vs Traditional Tories.

When he reads from a script, yeah, but you can see him fighting through a lot of the times he talks because he wants to let loose and behave like he did as councillor. I think he realizes that he can't get away with that as Premier.

When he reads from a script, yeah, but you can see him fighting through a lot of the times he talks because he wants to let loose and behave like he did as councillor. I think he realizes that he can't get away with that as Premier.

In that regard he is very similar to Trump, although not near as gawdawful at it. When they are obviously reading a prepared statement or off the teleprompter, you can see that they are very stilted. I almost feel that once they are out of the public eye after one of those events they jamb their fist through a wall or pummel a stuffed animal.

Back