News   Jul 16, 2024
 444     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 552     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

The Carbon Rebate is more I give candy to Trudeau and I get the same Candy back after visiting his house a few months later and hopefully, i get some extra.

So, in the end, all of these cartoons are inaccurate and putting complex issues into simplistic memes.

Therefore if people want to make politics into memes, don't be so shocked if people turn memes back on to you as that is the nature of memes.

The modified cartoon just proves once again that Conservatives suck at humour.

I think they are winning the meme war based on the popularity of the Ontario Proud memes in the last election. They were shared like crazy on my FB feed and my WhatsApp contact. Before you think the people sharing them are some alt right types, it was avg people who don't either care or have the time to delve deep into issues.

My point is and what you should understand, the issue is not what is the funniest, the issue is which side is better at getting its narrative out here on these new age platforms.

Like Ontario Proud maybe be shitty humour but its effective.

Just because people share memes doesn't make them funny.

I don't think the conservative echo chamber proves much.

You need to stop internalizing everything as us vs them and think of the bigger picture....It does not matter if you find them funny because in the end, you have the same voting power of a low information voter who thinks the meme is the truth.

If memes are the future of political chat, I think the left has a serious disadvantage lately.

Or rather, the score-settling right-of-centre Twittersphere, i.e. those Neil Flagg types who were heavy with the w*nking over Faith Goldy (figuratively and maybe literally, too)

You need to stop internalizing everything as us vs them and think of the bigger picture....It does not matter if you find them funny because in the end, you have the same voting power of a low information voter who thinks the meme is the truth.

If memes are the future of political chat, I think the left has a serious disadvantage lately.
I made a comment on the crappiness of the meme.

I wasnt looking to have a debate on the merits of memes in general.

I think you are over playing their usefulness just a tad.

I don't approve of this.

Nothing against Legions, but I already disagree w/carving out churches from the property tax regime.

It means higher property tax for everyone else, including many worthy causes.

Property tax as a tool for political favouritism is something that I think is irrational and cumbersome.

If this government values legions, and evidence suggests they are under undue financial hardship, I'd prefer they were directly supported through a subsidy.

I wouldn't favour that, as I think there are far better places to put that money, including for military veterans.

Be that as it may, at least it would not further complicated a tax system w/more loopholes and exceptions.

I would also note that this change is essentially a promise to use 'other' people's money in the form of municipal revenue, rather than provincial being reallocated.

Back