News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I'm confident that the cabinet, as well as the parliamentary secretaries (cabinet ministers in waiting, trying to stay on Ford's good side) will vote in line. That means that roughly 13 of the 32 backbenchers would have to vote against the bill.

Can we please have Patrick Brown back? Please? I promise to drink buck-a-beer if you bring him back and make him premier instead.

So, I was at work today, listening to Radio 1 all day and happened to be drinking some fine-ass mineral water when the news came on and I heard about the Doug Ford's invocation of the notwithstanding clause to overrule the judgment against him (I say him because it's all about him and his personal vendetta, the rest of government are just weak sycophantic losers) and his unconstitutional bill. That water ended up all over my shop as I expelled it in disbelief.
Notwithstanding clause? For this insignificant and trivial and clearly vengeful joke of an act?

WTF?

This is some serious autocratic bullshit. His supporters should be ashamed of themselves. Especially the ones who left shit-box countries to come here in the hopes of a better politics.
His cabinet should be ashamed of themselves for enabling this wannabe dictator man-child. Especially the ones who definitely know better (but are too bloody power-hungry to give a toss).

He had the nerve to go on and talk about how he was elected but the judge was appointed and that it is terrifying that an appointed judge would rule against an elected government and how that's undemocratic.

Fuck you, Doug.

First of all, judges are here to keep pieces of autocratic shit like you from trampling all over the constitution.
Second of all, don't speak to anyone about democracy when you are a minority rule government elected by a minority of voters in an undemocratic electoral system.
Third of all, don't shit on our constitution and then tell us we're supposed to like it.

This government has already cost us billions and now this?

Government for the people?

Government for the people respects the constitution, for starters.

What a greasy piece of shit man-child.

His stupid enablers-in-chief Elliott the War on Drugs Health Minister and Mulroney the Unconstitutional Actions are Fine Attorney-General should be friggin crying themselves to sleep tonight for being so self-interested and power-hungry that they play along with this human turd, though I wouldn't mind if they choked on some buck-a-beer before even getting to bed, to be honest.

Notwithstanding clause for a single municipality's number of councillors to settle a personal vendetta. That's special.

Trump's going to be jealous af....there's a new autocratic man-child in town.

Hey, dickhead.....stop acting a fool and start acting a premier worthy of this province.
Right now you're not worthy enough to lick my boots.

Lol! It's so refreshing to have a take charge man of action running the Province again. In the karmicly ironic words of Wynne: "Hallelujah!"

For sure.

I like Xi Jinping and Maduro and General Sissi as well!

Take charge men of action.

You know, I would be pretty partial to Putin and his gang of cronies running the place. Shake things up a bit. Cost us some more billions.

Man of action, my balls. The biggest actions so far have cost us billions or been unconstitutional. Some fucking hero, bud.

Easy. They don’t like Toronto.

Not true. I live in a small town east of Toronto. While there may be still a number of anti- Toronto types, I think a lot of people are truly disgusted at what Ford is passing off as a worthy populist move in downsizing Toronto council. He's crossed a very important line today in accusing the judge of overstepping his authority because he wasn't elected. Remember Doug Ford, who won a majority government, had no specific platform in the election sensing the PC's would win the election by default for the simple reason that the Liberals had obviously exceeded their shelf life. Most people in Ontario did not vote for the Conservatives, and certainly did not vote for Doug Ford.

Bob Rae‏Verified account@BobRae48
Bob Rae Retweeted Caroline Mulroney

Coming from our Attorney General, this is appalling. Your govt changed the rules for the Toronto election in the middle of the election, and the Court said freedoms matter too much to allow that to happen. No AG in the last 4 decades would have allowed this to happen.

Fuck you, Doug.

[...]

His stupid enablers-in-chief Elliott the War on Drugs Health Minister and Mulroney the Unconstitutional Actions are Fine Attorney-General should be friggin crying themselves to sleep tonight for being so self-interested and power-hungry that they play along with this human turd, though I wouldn't mind if they choked on some buck-a-beer before even getting to bed, to be honest.

Just this.

Doug thinks he's Cromwell but I suspect he'll end up more like Charles I before long (less the execution I guess...).

Coming from our Attorney General, this is appalling. Your govt changed the rules for the Toronto election in the middle of the election, and the Court said freedoms matter too much to allow that to happen. No AG in the last 4 decades would have allowed this to happen.

For those curious, Mr.Rae thinks that Roy McMurtry would have allowed this to happen.

Not true. I live in a small town east of Toronto. While there may be still a number of anti- Toronto types, I think a lot of people are truly disgusted at what Ford is passing off as a worthy populist move in downsizing Toronto council. He's crossed a very important line today in accusing the judge of overstepping his authority because he wasn't elected. Remember Doug Ford, who won a majority government, had no specific platform in the election sensing the PC's would win the election by default for the simple reason that the Liberals had obviously exceeded their shelf life. Most people in Ontario did not vote for the Conservatives, and certainly did not vote for Doug Ford.

Yeah, it is pretty hilarious having some guy tell us about how a judge's ruling is undemocratic when that guy runs a minority rule government elected through an undemocratic electoral process.

Lol, nice one, Doug.

Too bad Bob Rae has ZERO credibility.
The only good thing I can say about Bob Rae is that in the last 15 years he managed to move up from worst Premier to 3rd worst Premier in Ontario history.

Too bad Bob Rae has ZERO credibility.
The only good thing I can say about Bob Rae is that in the last 15 years he managed to move up from worst Premier to 3rd worst Premier in Ontario history.

Yeah, alright, I don't like him either, but he's right.

Mulroney's a weak-willed sycophant disgrace.

There's no way her pops is all "Hey, nice one!". I reckon he's avoiding talking to her at the moment.

PS: Check your alerts, because I asked you an important question in another thread and if you ignore answering it then it is you who is about to have zero credibility.

Back