News   May 10, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.4K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Three MZOs affecting Toronto were implemented on this past Friday.

They all have the backing of Mayor Chow:

1706589317365.png

I have crossposted the first 2 to the applicable threads.

OPG (Ontario Power Generation) will seek permission to refurbish the 4 nuclear reactors of the Pickering B Plant. They are currently due to shut down in the near term, having had their licenses extended already.

OPG (Ontario Power Generation) will seek permission to refurbish the 4 nuclear reactors of the Pickering B Plant. They are currently due to shut down in the near term, having had their licenses extended already.

Fwiw, there are 8 reactors on site, 2 of which have not gone through refurbishment and are offline (A1&4). 2 are scheduled to go offline this year (A2&3) and the remainder (B reactors) will be scheduled for refurb starting in '27 through mid 30s. Makes sense to do this without costs of rebuilding new site, reusing parts from already or planned shut down reactors, and local experience with refurbs already done at nearby Darlington.

Also if you were curious what it looks like inside, CBC's Mike Crawley took a tour a few months ago.

I see that the rats are now eating (or attempting to eat) each other. Not surprising!

Greenbelt developer accused of duping business partner into selling land set to explode in value​

Michael Rice, who became a central character in the Ford government’s Greenbelt scandal, is being sued by his former associate.

To be fair……. He still isn’t going to get my vote.
Why? He’s actually been the better of the worst possible alternatives. He’s done better on transit than any Liberal Premier like McGuinty of Wynne.

Why? He’s actually been the better of the worst possible alternatives. He’s done better on transit than any Liberal Premier like McGuinty of Wynne.
Yes, he has done a few useful things but his government is clearly corrupt (e.g. Greenbelt and MZOs) and FAR too right-wing for my taste. I admit, it's shades of grey but, in general, the Tories are VERY dark grey!

Errrrr a few things come to mind, Greenbelt, buckabeer, unethical behaviour. Transit? Still waiting on that subway, subway, subway he build. Oh the reasons why he will never get my vote started the time he told me I was a piece of shit after I spoke up for the disabled people. He is corrupt and the list is endless

Attachments

• IMG_8144.jpeg
    IMG_8144.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 4
The Ford government has delivered on transit for the GTA.
It’s still on the paper napkins, oh yeah the Scarborough LRT that was canceled (under his stint at council, where he and his council Cons canceled a fully funded rapid transit plan. When is the Eglinton LRT opening? Since the TTC is not fully funded by the province, the bulk is Toronto’s responsibility. Metrolinx (GO) is a provincial crown organization.

Back