News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Actually, I think of the Jama thing as reflecting more of a collision btw/"old" and "new" impulses--that is, a party aiming for Blair/Starmer "middle respectability" being riven by the Corbynistas in its midst, IOW those who represent the "wrong" kind of "less establishment and more activist". Which leaves the *Greens* looking more like that palatable "urban, educated, liberal professional party". (Of course, the shoe *can* be on the other foot in that light: witness the catastrophe of the federal Annamie Paul Greens in '21.)
It's interesting discussion, but in the end what does it matter if the Ford gang gets re-elected with a majority government with less than 20% support of the eligible voters ?

See here:

Toronto does not need a second evangelical Christian university, especially one with very controversial views. Tyndale University is more than enough.
Tyndale (or Redeemer U in Ancaster) at least has some "seriousness" about it. Granting status to McVety would be like granting status to something with Moonie associations.

Bill Davis set up Ontario's community college network; DoFo's mentality would be more to farm those efforts out to DeVry-type institutions.

Doug Ford poised to reverse decision to dissolve Peel Region: sources​

Premier Doug Ford is poised to cancel his plan to dissolve Peel Region, breaking his deathbed promise to former Mississauga mayor Hazel McCallion, sources told the Star.

Doug Ford poised to reverse decision to dissolve Peel Region: sources​

Premier Doug Ford is poised to cancel his plan to dissolve Peel Region, breaking his deathbed promise to former Mississauga mayor Hazel McCallion, sources told the Star.

Why do I get the feeling this is a result of Bonnie Crombie being elected as OLP Leader

If you read the Star story you would see that a major critic of the plan to dissolve Peel Region is Patrick Brown, Bonnie may be pissed off but then Brown (a Tory) is happy.
But why would Doug care about what Patrick Brown wants? After all, he was clearly involved in the last minute back stab of Brown as PC leader...

Why do I get the feeling this is a result of Bonnie Crombie being elected as OLP Leader

That's not why. LOL

Its because it was never going to happen in the first place.

Edit to add, this (below) doesn't help either:

1701813784458.png

Note, the above was uttered by Ms. Stiles, the NDP leader, and should be weighted accordingly........ still.

Last edited:
I can't recall if this has already been posted.

I imagine the 100 acre McMichael property would be a fine location for some developer-built estate home on large lots with lots of wrought iron and concrete lion gate guards. I'm surprised they didn't include the conservation authorities.

If you read the Star story you would see that a major critic of the plan to dissolve Peel Region is Patrick Brown, Bonnie may be pissed off but then Brown (a Tory) is happy.

I think the OPC does not want a massive tax increase in Brampton or Caledon (that’s what Patrick Brown announced would happen in Brampton recently), since that could jeopardize their MPPs there. It also does not want to hand Crombie a ‘win’ of any kind in Mississauga.

I gotta admit, I’m not a big fan of Bonnie Crombie, and I always thought Mississauga was being disingenuous about the rationale behind dissolution, so I’m not exactly crying tears if this gets cancelled.

Let’s see what happens; so far this is just a rumour.

I can't recall if this has already been posted.

I imagine the 100 acre McMichael property would be a fine location for some developer-built estate home on large lots with lots of wrought iron and concrete lion gate guards. I'm surprised they didn't include the conservation authorities.
Now that's weird, as the Harris Tories bent over backward on behalf of the McMichaels' proscriptive views on art. I guess that's conservative aesthetes vs philistine aesthetes for you...

The heliography of Hazel McCallion has taken another hit. It was Doug, after all, that organized a state funeral extravaganza in her honour and claimed to spend as much time as he could at her death bed as if it was Stalin telling everyone he was taking instructions from Lenin.

It was Doug who got the LRT renamed, and it was Doug who went full speed ahead on a rushed dissolution of Peel under Hazel’s name – literally. Sure, it pisses off Crombie, but it also comes right after the Brampton-commissioned Deloitte study that says it’s going to go badly with huge tax increases.

The heliography of Hazel McCallion has taken another hit. It was Doug, after all, that organized a state funeral extravaganza in her honour and claimed to spend as much time as he could at her death bed as if it was Stalin telling everyone he was taking instructions from Lenin.

It was Doug who got the LRT renamed, and it was Doug who went full speed ahead on a rushed dissolution of Peel under Hazel’s name – literally. Sure, it pisses off Crombie, but it also comes right after the Brampton-commissioned Deloitte study that says it’s going to go badly with huge tax increases.

I can't wait to see how they will undo it legislatively...I am hoping for a deliciously ironic name for the legislation.

AoD

Back