News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Not sure if this has really been raised, but...interesting. (Gee, I thought the PCs were flush in cash and great money managers. A label-making fool and his money, I suppose...)

I am actually not surprised. The NDP is always calling their supporters asking for money (literally almost every day). It is why I gave up being a supporter, I did not want to deal with the daily fundraising calls or the robo calls inviting me to a town hall meeting or a protest at Queens Park.

What surprises me more is that they don't have any debt. For years the coffers were bare, the war chest was empty. I am honestly surprised they don't a bunch of mortgages on properties.

It’s not just the NDP. I joined the PC party just to vote for not Doug. My membership has lapsed by now, but I get constant emails from them asking for money and have done ever since I signed up.

Not sure if this has really been raised, but...interesting. (Gee, I thought the PCs were flush in cash and great money managers. A label-making fool and his money, I suppose...)

Debt aside, there's some polling data in there...........

From the above:

1624023043870.png

Now AR tends to report results more favourable than average for the Conservatives as well.

So with margin of error, that looks close to a tie.

Intriguing that the Libs seem to have fallen off that much.

Could be an outlier poll.

I'm hearing there's a cabinet shuffle today.

Confirmation pending.

Looks pretty certain.

- Cabinet has been cancelled today
- Ministerial chiefs of staff have scheduled a meeting for Noon.

Credit to QP Observer for the above tidbits.

Last edited:
I'm hearing there's a cabinet shuffle today.

Confirmation pending.

Looks pretty certain.

- Cabinet has been cancelled today
- Ministerial chiefs of staff have scheduled a meeting for Noon.

Credit to QP Observer for the above tidbits.
Fingers crossed on Lecce (and Oosterhoff as assistant) getting the axe... But, I suspect my glee at that idea means it's likely they're considered superstars amongst the ranks.

It does say they the PCs have cash in the bank gving a net-positive cash balance of $2.1M, so I'm guessing the debt is something they are choosing to carry, perhaps because the interest on it is very low?

Anyone got snap election on their bingo card?
Not me, Ford is not coming out of the covid era very well and he has no excuse for breaking the fixed election date law as the Tories have a large majority. In addition, why would even Ford do something as divisive as using the notwithstanding clause if he was about to call an election well within the former limits on 3rd party advertising.

why would even Ford do something as divisive as using the notwithstanding clause if he was about to call an election well within the former limits on 3rd party advertising.

Curtail the ability for 3rd party groups to spend money and call a snap election before it can be overturned. No doubt there are already people working to see if Section 3 of the charter covers this whole debacle.

Back