News   Jul 16, 2024
 448     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 552     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Ah yes, the classic populist, salt-of-the-earth, every-man "get 'er done" approach to politics marketed squarely at the unwashed dullards and bellends stupid enough to be impressed by it (and there's lots of them). "Ford Nation" will eat it up, just like they did with his anti-intellectual brother.

While I don't disagree substantively, I do wonder if that take wouldn't benefit from a bit of restraint.

The reality is if we want progress in society we need majority buy-in, sometimes by a significant margin.

That means being able to speak to people who may be less informed on the nuances of government, less inclined to read past the headlines, and who have an appreciation for clear, un-nuanced language. (in others, wouldn't like the way I usually post)

We need progressive leaders who understand how to be correct on the evidence, and thoughtful, but still direct.

I have no time for the current government or its leader; but we won't peel off a portion of their electorate to vote for something better without being able to address them in a way that is neither confusing nor condescending.

Plain language is a wonderful thing and something I have advocated for years. Doug’s “plain talking”‘does resonate with people. However, it would be nice to have someone who can express themselves both clearly and logically whilst providing rational and important information, not just while threatening to drive a load of firecrackers across the border to shove up someone’s ying yang or whatever his plans are.

What a dull implement! ^

No one will notice these few mill being siphoned off over the course of less than a year. This dude has only ever read about the possibility of fraud and clearly never thought of how one might go about it in such a manner as to get away without being caught before you can even spend a touch of the money.

eeeeeediooooot

Plain language is a wonderful thing and something I have advocated for years. Doug’s “plain talking”‘does resonate with people. However, it would be nice to have someone who can express themselves both clearly and logically whilst providing rational and important information, not just while threatening to drive a load of firecrackers across the border to shove up someone’s ying yang or whatever his plans are.

Joe Biden does this well.

What? When he's not tongue-tied or forgetting where he is? hmm, perhaps.

They could have done much, much, better.

Joe Biden is already doing much, much, much better than Doug Ford's mentor and pal, Donald Trump.

Joe Biden is already doing much, much, much better than Doug Ford's mentor and pal, Donald Trump.

Better at what?

That's not a high enough bar to induce excitement.

Anyway, I said they could have done better and whether or not Biden is better at anything than Trump wasn't the question.

Gabbard and Yang can talk circles around the man and are miles ahead in terms of relatability and policy. Biden's just another establishment career (50 years!) politician who was installed by his party's establishment through the sabotage of rival campaigns of people who weren't mealleable or willing to fall in line with the corrupt money political machine.

Sorry if I'm not excited about that. You people need better heroes.

Also, Ford and Trump aren't pals and Trump wasn't/isn't his mentor. You're either taking the piss or .....well, taking the piss. ;)

Last edited:
Biden has a speech impediment that occasionally catches him. Let’s not make fun of that.

Fair enough, but I have to wonder then why Trump's clear mental health issues were fair game.
Never mind his hand disability. :p

Anyway, Biden having a speech impediment doesn't make him particularly qualified as a president. Nor does any sort of overcoming such.

Back