News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

That is, until its proximity to brought “ethnicity” into the mix, and there was a big white flight to parts north of Snelgrove.

Yep. My Hungarian relatives moved to Mississauga when they arrived in the 1960s and lived there until the early 2000s.

The only time they lived in Toronto was when they knocked on my grandfathers door at 3 am because someone derailed a train...

There was a good discussion with David Crombie and 2 others on TVO - The Agenda tonight on Bill 229, Schedule 6. This is the section that deals with changes to the Conservation Act and the implications of the Minister Zoning Order tool on land use planning. Sorry I do not have the link.

There was a good discussion with David Crombie and 2 others on TVO - The Agenda tonight on Bill 229, Schedule 6. This is the section that deals with changes to the Conservation Act and the implications of the Minister Zoning Order tool on land use planning. Sorry I do not have the link.
The Greenbelt Controversy

See link.

Premier Ford condemns Proud Boys after calls from NDP to do so

From link.

NDP MPP Laura Mae Lindo called for Ford to make 'a clear statement' on the group

Premier Doug Ford says he "condemns all individuals and groups that incite violence and hate including the Proud Boys."

The statement on Thursday comes after Kitchener Centre MPP Laura Mae Lindo called on Ford to "step up and speak out" in denouncing the white supremacist group Proud Boys.

Lindo tweeted she wanted "a clear statement" from Ford a day after supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol building in an attempt to stop the certification of the 2020 presidential election. That sparked photos of Ford with members of the group to be circulated on social media. The group Proud Boys was started by a Canadian.

"We are calling on Premier Doug Ford to clearly and unequivocally denounce the Proud Boys," a statement from Lindo and NDP Leader Andrea Horwath said.

Ford's office responded Thursday afternoon with an emailed statement from the premier saying he condemns the group.

Ford's statement added, "we are disappointed in Andrea Horwath's attempt to try and link hateful violent groups to her political opponents here in the province."

Lindo said Ford's statement is not enough. She wants him to now ask Ottawa to ensure Proud Boys be added to the list of terrorist entities in the country. That would include them in Canada's counter-terrorism strategy, which would better empower police to deal with them, she said.

"Great that [Ford is] going to go there and he's going to stand up and he's going to say today I ... do denounce them," Lindo said. "Now, let's show that, let's follow through, get in touch with your pals in Ottawa, tell them to put the Proud Boys on this list."

Lindo said if Ford doesn't, she's "more than prepared" to raise the issue with local Liberal MPs, including Minister of Diversity and Inclusion and Youth Bardish Chagger, and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

fingers-crossed-13.gif

From link.

I think we can agree that Doug Ford is not a racist or a white supremacist sympathizer. He has lots of flaws, but this is unfair.

I think we can agree that Doug Ford is not a racist or a white supremacist sympathizer. He has lots of flaws, but this is unfair.
Maybe not overtly. But he has a bad habit of showing up in pictures with racists, hiring racists, promoting racists into positions of power.

If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck, it might be an American Coot. But it still looks like a duck and acts like a duck.

A fair characterization of our Premier, based on the available evidence would suggest that he is self-serving, hypocritical and largely indifferent to the welfare of others.

Whether or not that involves active malice in general, or to some groups more than others is largely moot; insofar as the effects are remarkably similar.

One look at LTCs will inform you that being vulnerable, at best, merits indifference; and less than benign neglect; that makes for much misery, and rather more deaths than should be accepted too.

None of the above excuses racism or active malice of whatever kind; its merely to say there are victims of his government either way.

Maybe not overtly. But he has a bad habit of showing up in pictures with racists, hiring racists, promoting racists into positions of power.

If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck, it might be an American Coot. But it still looks like a duck and acts like a duck.

Doug Ford is like a Reagan. He knows to step one foot away from racists but also knows their electoral value.

He is a demagogue - and wouldn't hesitate to align with the worst of the worst so long as there is gain to be had and ability to get away with it. It's fundamentally parasitical.

AoD

A fair characterization of our Premier, based on the available evidence would suggest that he is self-serving, hypocritical and largely indifferent to the welfare of others.

Whether or not that involves active malice in general, or to some groups more than others is largely moot; insofar as the effects are remarkably similar.

One look at LTCs will inform you that being vulnerable, at best, merits indifference; and less than benign neglect; that makes for much misery, and rather more deaths than should be accepted too.

None of the above excuses racism or active malice of whatever kind; its merely to say there are victims of his government either way.

We also know he's not a fan of autistic people.

Back