News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 415     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

While I would certainly be happy to see "a good amount of spending", it needs to be carefully targeted and not simply 'thrown at the wall' (or at Doug's chums!) in the hope some of it works.

Expect tax cuts for Doug's rich elite friends, who have foreign tax havens and more tax loopholes for them.

Today's Provincial Government Announcement of the Day!

1604353830505.png

Wait for the Fine Print: Deliverable date is 2024-2025, 2-3 years after this government's term will come to an end!

1604353907175.png

Above is from the presser, here: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/...ong-term-care-residents-to-four-hours-per-day

In the meantime, the army will be sent in until 2025?
In fairness, this (long overdue) idea will take time to implement; first many thousands of new PSWs need to be recruited and trained. It could (and should) start being rolled out in 2021 but it really can't be made compulsory for several years. (Yes, 2024/25 may be TOO long.)

Today's Provincial Government Announcement of the Day!

View attachment 280427

Wait for the Fine Print: Deliverable date is 2024-2025, 2-3 years after this government's term will come to an end!

View attachment 280429

Above is from the presser, here: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/...ong-term-care-residents-to-four-hours-per-day

By 24/25? That's halfway into the second manadate, if he got one. He couldn't even ensure that there is a full slate of PSWs at the LTCs *right now*. As to the "annual reporting", let's try getting the inspections right first.

In fairness, this (long overdue) idea will take time to implement; first many thousands of new PSWs need to be recruited and trained. It could (and should) start being rolled out in 2021 but it really can't be made compulsory for several years. (Yes, 2024/25 may be TOO long.)

He couldn't retain what there were - the hourly rate is too low, and home care/LTCs don't pay enough compared to the hospitals (nevermind private under the table payments from seniors who can afford it). Nothing new HHR-wise.

AoD

Last edited:
In other news:

Hahaha, I am sure having the degree granting legislation in the bill in the pipeline before the panel has even ruled is how one ensures an independent panel will get to decide.

AoD

He couldn't retain what there were - the salary is too low, and home care/LTCs don't pay enough compared to the hospitals (nevermind private under the table payments from seniors who can afford it). Nothing new HHR-wise.

AoD

Agreed, but will those who left return if/when the rate goes up? I hope so but there's no guarantee and even if 100% return they/we still need MANY more.

Agreed, but will those who left return if/when the rate goes up? I hope so but there's no guarantee and even if 100% return they/we still need MANY more.

I am sure more of them will return than if the rate stayed down. The government reimplemented that ”hazard pay” for a reason.

AoD

Back