News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 434     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

In his case, it's because he listened to the adults in the room, knowing that he was (as a result of his narrow leadership victory et al) on a kind of enduring "double secret probation".
In other words, the leopard had enough sense not to mess with a hippo (-crates ;)). It doesn't mean his spots have changed. The push for schools to reopen with out sufficient planning is a good enough sign of that.

Doug Ford's Back-to-School Plan just ran into trouble (beyond media and parents).

Toronto Public Health is expressing concern over the TDSB plans, and specifically targeting class size as an issue.

1596755487463.png

1596755502456.png

Does the plan also eliminate contact with other classes (recess, busses, etc)? Otherwise class size seems like a moot point.

Staggered recess is in........

But to my understanding, buses will run at capacity.

They will, however, shift to assigned seating so that classmates are grouped together, and masks will be mandatory on buses.

But no space between groups, and so far as I know, no new seat dividers.

I think mandating open windows would be wise, excepting the worst weather, unless until mid-November.

Staggered recess is in........

But to my understanding, buses will run at capacity.

They will, however, shift to assigned seating so that classmates are grouped together, and masks will be mandatory on buses.

But no space between groups, and so far as I know, no new seat dividers.

I think mandating open windows would be wise, excepting the worst weather, unless until mid-November.

From link.

To support the return to classes, the Ontario government’s guidelines indicate that school boards may be required to operate closer to capacity and have more than one student per seat.

Officials said students should be assigned seats, with students from the same home or class seated together.

The guidelines show hand sanitizer should be available on buses and the seat behind the driver should be left empty.

drivers will also be getting masks, gloves, gowns and visors, which should make a difference.

High-touch surfaces on the bus will be disinfected twice daily between morning and afternoon runs.

I did have low expectations of Ford going into the pandemic I'll admit, but I guess he did well handling the pandemic. Or at least up until schools start opening.
That's why I dont buy the polls showing a close race currently

Ndp and liberals are pretty non existent right now in terms of their leaders and ford would dominate the 905.

Now by 2022 things can change but right now Ford has goodwill.

Yes things could been done better but the opposition has not been able to really get its competing narrative out there well.

As much as I dislike Ford, that headline is misleading. He said that the best way to help people on OW or ODSP, if they are healthy, is to get them a job.

As much as I dislike Ford, that headline is misleading. He said that the best way to help people on OW or ODSP, if they are healthy, is to get them a job.

In other words, do what Doug Ford did when he dropped out of Humber College, after a couple of months. Get your father to give you a job, which you were totally unqualified for, at the family business. And not at a janitorial job, which Doug was qualified for.

Well trudeau was a drama teacher and become pm.

So really becoming leader in these days is about image then qualifications.

That's not really what's being said above.

Also, Trudeau didn't merely attend, but graduated with degree(s) plural from 2 universities. He had his degree in Literature from McGill and another in Education from UBC.

He's also flawlessly bilingual.

Now, I happen to think he's an intellectual light weight...................

But he's no Doug Ford.

Also....Doug Ford won on 'image'? Really?

I dunno, I think it more likely that he won due to Wynne's lack of popularity; and some unwise moves by the NDP during the campaign.

Last edited:

Back