News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 453     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

1595384593240.png

Shows what a bully Doug Ford really is...

Doug Ford removes Tory legislator from government caucus over emergency powers vote

From link.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has removed a Cambridge, Ont., legislator from the Progressive Conservative caucus for voting against a controversial government bill.

Ford issued a statement today saying Belinda Karahalios will no longer sit as a member of the Progressive Conservative caucus.

Karahalios voted against a government bill that grants it powers to extend or amend some emergency orders a month at a time, for up to two years.

She called the bill an “unnecessary overreach” on parliamentary democracy shortly after the vote.

Karahalios was first elected in 2018 and had served as parliamentary assistant to Solicitor General Sylvia Jones.

She could not immediately be reached for comment.

Ontario's Financial Accountability Office is out with its report on the Autism programs.

https://fao-on.org/en/Blog/Publications/autism-services-2020

The gist of which is, if service levels per client were not reduced; and the stated government desire to remove the wait list were to be achieved, they need at least another 800M per year vs what is now budgeted (~600M).

Also appears the government has been fibbing about what it has actually been spending:

1595438869531.png

Ontario's Financial Accountability Office is out with its report on the Autism programs.

https://fao-on.org/en/Blog/Publications/autism-services-2020

The gist of which is, if service levels per client were not reduced; and the stated government desire to remove the wait list were to be achieved, they need at least another 800M per year vs what is now budgeted (~600M).

Also appears the government has been fibbing about what it has actually been spending:

View attachment 258898
The Geneva Centre for Autism is doing well with its Sonderly e-learning portal.

I must disclose that I am an employee of the Geneva Centre for Autism.

Liberals had 13 years to build a 2nd hospital in Brampton and took the 5 seats there for granted.

You know, in fairness, the Liberals built the current hospital, which at 600+ beds is one of the largest in the province.

They also started the work on the new Vaughan hospital on Major Mack which will be open in another 2 months or so.

That opening will relieve the current Brampton Civic site to some degree.

Clearly, a problem will remain.

A function of frugal government that builds capacity up to what may be needed, on the conservative side, the day facilities open.

True in hospitals, parks, community centres, and so much more.

The only real exception has been subway stations, which we have tended to build to 50-year capacity projections.

Of course we build far less of those than we ought to too; another symptom of under-resourced government.

Well they opened a Brampton Hospital and had it run by a bunch of morons that deliver third-world level service compared to other local hospitals... and thought having 600K residents serviced by one hospital was a good idea.

I am not suggesting the Tories are better I am saying that they could have easily built the old Brampton Hospital site as a smaller hospital.

Liberals had 13 years to build a 2nd hospital in Brampton and took the 5 seats there for granted.
Well they opened a Brampton Hospital and had it run by a bunch of morons that deliver third-world level service compared to other local hospitals... and thought having 600K residents serviced by one hospital was a good idea.

I am not suggesting the Tories are better I am saying that they could have easily built the old Brampton Hospital site as a smaller hospital.

Well, and let's not forget all of the hospitals and aid stations that were closed under Harris. Nurses and doctors that left the province because they couldn't find suitable jobs.

You know, in fairness, the Liberals built the current hospital, which at 600+ beds is one of the largest in the province.

They also started the work on the new Vaughan hospital on Major Mack which will be open in another 2 months or so.

That opening will relieve the current Brampton Civic site to some degree.

Though it opened under McGuinty's government, work started under the old PC government. It was delayed, partly as it was a P3 hospital, rather than a more traditional build.

It should have opened as a second hospital (which Brampton was promised for years), rather than a one-for-one replacement. What other city of Brampton's size has only one emergency department?

A new second hospital site is reserved near Bovaird and Heritage Road, in the other corner of the city. I'd imagine that once it opens, it'd replace emergency and inpatient services at Georgetown's small hospital site as well.

LOL Mike Harris.

You know you live in a place that can’t get stuff done when a guy who swept to power 25 years ago is being referenced as scapegoat in a present day infrastructure discussion.

For reference: Population Shenzhen 1995 2.4 million. Population 2020 12.4 million. 62 hospitals ;)

. What other city of Brampton's size has only one emergency department?

You made me look.

In the GTA.

Vaughan: Population 323000: Emergency Rooms: Zero (use Brampton or Richmond Hill) (obviously this changes shortly)
Mississauga Population: 828,000: Emergency Rooms: 2

To go the other way in comparison

Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge is a bit over 500,000 and supports 3 ERs

Lol you guys bring up mike harris like the ghost of christmas past.

Let's bring up the massive cuts the federal liberal did in the mid 90s that wreck the finances of the provinces and cities.

Back