News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

LOL

As weird as it sounds, this is why some of his supporters like him. They perceive it as him actually doing what he said he'd do - it wasn't just an analogy used for political purposes.

The fact that it's a waste of money and will have no impact is irrelevant.

I wonder what other signs we can look forward to?

"Welcome Immigrants, But Only Some Of You!"

"We Take Care of Our Own First!"

"Visit Bala Falls, Where Conservatives Keep Their Promises!"

1,125 people in Ontario died of opioid overdoses last year, but Ontario Health Minister Christine Elliott is not attending this 2-day conference on the opioid crisis.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...t-to-open-overdose-prevention-sites-1.4811962

She's already proven to be a War on Drugs warrior and all that entails: ignorance, hypocrisy, malice, etc.

No surprise here.

If she was a real health minister she would have argued against the importance placed on pushing a toxic drug: alcohol in the form of buck-a-beer.

She's one of those geniuses who thinks alcohol is not a drug but that LSD will kill you....and whatnot.

Also, don't you know? Fools dying of opioid overdose have only themselves to blame. Should have just said no to the doctor.

Choose life.

Why does she need to attend anything? A better plan would be to create signs around the city that say "DON'T USE OPIOIDS!"

That will solve everything.

That wouldn't jive with "Open For Business".

Legal drug dealers are businesses too!

As are illegal ones, come to think of it.

Are we open for business or not, ffs? I can't make sense of the mixed messaging.

Only unprofitable beer with corporate welfare bribes as inducement -type "open for business"?

I'm gonna go deface the piece when it's done: "Open For Doug Ford's Command Economy".

Folks.

Why does she need to attend anything? A better plan would be to create signs around the city that say "DON'T USE OPIOIDS!"

That will solve everything.

While not agreeing with the opinion of a friend who was a former substance (alcohol & drug) abuser who thinks safe injection sites are enabling addicts. She kicked her addiction after a serious motor vehicle accident that flipped her car a few times and killed her dog. Fortunately no other cars or persons were involved. I, on the other hand being a former healthcare worker know safe sites, saves lives. Granted addicts will only kick their habits when they are ready to, injection sites have help and resources available when the person is ready. Addiction rescue staff is not readily available in back alleys and scummy public bathrooms, there are simply not enough people to go around and patrolling the large area is unsafe and impossible. Safe injection sites do work to prevent deaths foremost!

I’m just concerned something will actually get done! The whole point of voting in Ford was to clean house in the government, reverse Wynne’s policy as much as possible, and get nothing done for a while.

It’s good to see Ford getting bogged down in legal battles and focusing on irrelevent projects. It’s also good that Ford is racking up stupid patronage appointments as fodder against him in the next election.

LOL

As weird as it sounds, this is why some of his supporters like him. They perceive it as him actually doing what he said he'd do - it wasn't just an analogy used for political purposes.

The fact that it's a waste of money and will have no impact is irrelevant.

And probably, it won't even be *recognizably* "Ontario", i.e. with gov't logo, font, etc. It'll be a standard "Deco-style" billboard (even if not actually by Deco).

Not that it'd make a difference to his supporters, for whom *anything* along the lines of "provincial government visual identity" is totally external.

DoFo might as well put up a solid gold Dig 'Em statue in place of the Cinesphere, for all anyone cares.

Back