News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 399     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I'm not going to apologize for drinking good beer and actual coffee.

Then do so?

No need to call out other people who like shitty beer and coffee, what it is to you.

Live and let live.

If people like cheap shitty beer, being snobbish to them isn't really gonna damage Ford at all considering what else he is doing.

To me its a distraction and circus to the bigger picture and seems we are falling into the same trap as we did with Trump, where we focus on the circus and not the actual damage he may be causing.

Last edited:
They (the Sun, OneCity,) have been telling us its all doom and gloom for years now. It must be true. Ford said it. A man of the people. No need to fact check. We're a have not province folks previously with buck a beers.

David Pecker, the chairman and CEO of American Media and the publisher of National Enquirer and a Donald Trump supporter, has resigned from the boards of Postmedia Network Canada Corp. and Postmedia Network Inc., which owns The Toronto Sun.

See link.

The Toronto Sun supported Doug Ford in the provincial election. Hmmmm.

Ontario extends electric car rebate deadline for Tesla buyers

From link.

Premier Doug Ford is doing a U-turn and giving hundreds of Tesla buyers $14,000 rebates after his Progressive Conservative government lost in court against the California-based electric car company.

Four days after an Ontario Superior Court judge ruled the Tories “unlawfully targeted” the automaker when it announced the phasing out of subsidies on electric vehicles last month, the province has capitulated.

No one I know approves. Then again, none of them drink $1 beer, and all of them want the up-to-date curriculum restored.
… and some of us do not think a complex change like cutting Toronto City Council in half is a good idea if it is implemented in the middle of an election with none of the associated problems like committees, staffing etc discussed and who question why the Province would be likely to run the TTC subway infrastructure better that the City.

Shouldn't it be up to the free market to decide what we like and don't like? Buck-a-beer means that I can purchase larger quantities of it at a time for both my own personal use and as party favours. My guests won't give two fracks about the brand or pedigree as long as it tastes good and gets them hammered. You can be elitist and snob against it if you want to, but Doug is addressing a need that's at least for now being fulfilled.

You just referred to the availability of cheap swill as a need.

I don't even need to reply to the rest of your post.

If it's that important that it's on the level of decent shelter, sustenance, and social interaction then I'm just an out of touch elitist who thinks the plebs can have what they need.

Need? OK. I'm out.

Shit, look at this.....Pilsner Urquell in my fridge....I'll think of the less fortunate alcoholics as I sip this on my overpriced balcony, watching the sunset.

Filled a need, my left nut.

I'd also like to point out that calling people who have tragically European sensibilities "snobs" and "elitists" in a derogatory way because of their cultural practices belonging to an identifiable group is probably a hate crime.

;)

You just referred to the availability of cheap swill as a need.

I don't even need to reply to the rest of your post.

If it's that important that it's on the level of decent shelter, sustenance, and social interaction then I'm just an out of touch elitist who thinks the plebs can have what they need.

Need? OK. I'm out.

Shit, look at this.....Pilsner Urquell in my fridge....I'll think of the less fortunate alcoholics as I sip this on my overpriced balcony, watching the sunset.

Filled a need, my left nut.

Yeah, we all need cheap booze to get drunk on! Doug should start offering Thunderbird for a dollar, or maybe MD 20/20.

I want to take back what I said....kinda.

There is an actual need for cheap ethanol:
alcohol addicts who can't afford to taper off using pricier booze. They could die.

Everyone else can go live in South Sudan for a month in order to educate themselves on the differences between needs and wants.

Back