News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 458     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Ok, can we agree that he is just a plain, nasty simpleton. True evil is reserved for another class of humans entirely, as MTown suggests. However, there is a well-known phrase that might throw some light on Doug's condition, that being, " the banality of evil ", remembering that context is all.

Ok, can we agree that he is just a plain, nasty simpleton. True evil is reserved for another class of humans entirely, as MTown suggests. However, there is a well-known phrase that might throw some light on Doug's condition, that being, " the banality of evil ", remembering that context is all.
You're comparing Ford to Eichmann? Excuse me?

Doug Ford warns teachers to ‘do their job’ on sex education

From link:

Public consultations on a new sexual education curriculum — a hot-button issue in Ontario politics — will begin in September with opportunities for online input and telephone town halls in “every region,” Premier Doug Ford said Wednesday.

The exercise is being broadened to include math and science lessons, job skills, financial literacy, the legalization of cannabis, ways to improve standardized testing and “what steps schools should take to ban cellphone use in the classroom.”

Ford said in a statement that the education ministry is releasing a revised “interim” sex-ed curriculum to be used by teachers in the coming school year, based on the old curriculum that was taught from 1998 to 2015, along with math curriculum changes coming soon.

He issued a warning to anyone considering whether to teach the new curriculum, brought in by former premier Kathleen Wynne in 2015, given a push from the Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario for teachers to give their students the most up-to-date information in the social media era.

“We expect our teachers, principals, and school board officials to fulfil their obligations to parents and children when it comes to what our students learn in the classroom,” Ford said.

“We will not tolerate anybody using our children as pawns for grandstanding and political games. And, make no mistake, if we find somebody failing to do their job, we will act.”

No specific penalties were mentioned and Education Minister Lisa Thompson has repeatedly refused to say what measures the province could take. For its part, the elementary teachers union has offered legal protection to teachers facing any discipline or legal action.

Ford said the government is also drafting a “Ministry of Education Parents’ Bill of Rights” to “ensure that the rights of parents are respected throughout and following the reform process.”

Thompson will be using her authority as minister under the Ontario College of Teachers Act to establish a public interest committee to ensure “curriculum-based misconduct issues are fairly dealt with at the college,” the government statement said.

“Our government will be prepared to take regulatory and legislative action to ensure that the rights of parents are protected,” Thompson said.

The government has launched a dedicated website, called Fortheparents.ca, where parents can report any concerns about what their children are being taught — something critics have likened to a snitch line. And if they feel like a teacher is “jeopardizing their child's education by deliberately ignoring Ontario's curriculum,” parents are being told to call the Ontario College of Teachers’ investigations and hearing’s department or file a complaint online.

Going beyond sex education in the consultations is aimed at reforming what children are taught in school, Ford added.

“We promised to deliver an education system that puts the rights of parents first while getting back to the basics when it comes to teaching fundamental subjects like math,” the premier said.

There was no schedule provided for the consultations, which Ford has promised would “criss-cross this province to 124 ridings.”

Ford and his ministers have repeatedly defended the government’s decision to scrap the 239-page, 2015 health and physical education curriculum — which includes sex education — in favour of the 42-page version from 1998, which was in place before social media and the legalization of same-sex marriage.

The Progressive Conservatives said parents were not properly consulted before the updated 2015 curriculum was implemented. It includes the teaching of the proper names for body parents and genitals in Grade 1, a change child-abuse investigators have long recommended.

In Grade 3, the new curriculum, for which development started in 2007, introduces the concept of same-sex relationships with lessons on puberty and the need to be careful online coming in Grade 4. The topics of consent, healthy relationships and masturbation are raised in Grade 6, and Grade 7 lessons include warnings about “sexting,” sexually transmitted diseases and on oral and anal sex.

The New Democrats have accused Ford’s government of being in the pocket of social conservative activists like former Progressive Conservative leadership candidate Tanya Granic Allen and Rev. Charles McVety, who helped Ford win the party’s leadership race.

“Instead of moving Ontario forward, he (Ford) is denying the realities of 2018 by failing to teach consent, cyberbullying, gender identity and sexual orientation,” NDP Leader Andrea Horwath charged last month.

From link:

"To teach in Ontario’s publicly funded schools, a teacher must be certified by the Ontario College of Teachers."

"To be certified, teachers must:
have completed a minimum three-year postsecondary degree from an acceptable postsecondary institution
have successfully completed a four semester teacher education program"

Doug Ford dropped out of college without graduating. How can he instruct actual teachers on how to teach, ANYTHING?

I don't understand the noise around this.

Previous government releases controversial sex ed curriculum. Conservatives up in arms. Previous government enacts said curriculum.

Conservative government wins majority. Conservative government has clear mandate to get rid of this controversial curriculum. Conservative government does so.

Teachers who decide to ignore direction from the government have been put 'on notice' and parents will be able to snitch. I think this is fair. Teachers don't get to decide the curriculum. The government does - this has been the way since time immemorial (for me). Teachers who don't follow curriculum are usually progressively disciplined up until removal from duties. You try doing the opposite your boss says at work and see what happens.

I don't understand the noise around this.

Previous government releases controversial sex ed curriculum. Conservatives up in arms. Previous government enacts said curriculum.

Conservative government wins majority. Conservative government has clear mandate to get rid of this controversial curriculum. Conservative government does so.

Teachers who decide to ignore direction from the government have been put 'on notice' and parents will be able to snitch. I think this is fair. Teachers don't get to decide the curriculum. The government does - this has been the way since time immemorial (for me). Teachers who don't follow curriculum are usually progressively disciplined up until removal from duties. You try doing the opposite your boss says at work and see what happens.

Every teacher I know is vehemently opposed to this. I'd say they know more about this stuff than most parents do, and that goes for most of the other things they teach. They see what happens day to day with kids and understand the pressures kids face.

Every teacher I know is vehemently opposed to this. I'd say they know more about this stuff than most parents do, and that goes for most of the other things they teach. They see what happens day to day with kids and understand the pressures kids face.
I agree in general, but if parents don't like it, they should be allowed to snitch. The curriculum has to be followed - this is a rule for every single teacher, public or private, in Ontario.

I see the teacher unions seem more upset about the fact parents can snitch than having the old curriculum put back in place. Look, if you don't want to get disciplined, follow the rules. My boss makes me do things I disagree with daily, but that's work. Don't like it? Find something else to do.

I agree in general, but if parents don't like it, they should be allowed to snitch. The curriculum has to be followed - this is a rule for every single teacher, public or private, in Ontario.

I see the teacher unions seem more upset about the fact parents can snitch than having the old curriculum put back in place. Look, if you don't want to get disciplined, follow the rules. My boss makes me do things I disagree with daily, but that's work. Don't like it? Find something else to do.

They've been pissed off about the change in curriculum since it was announced. I am happy that they're fighting the government on this, so much has changed since 1998.

Controversial based on lies about Benjamin Levin's involvement and young kids being taught anal sex and groomed for pedophiles. Lower-case conservatives maligned the curriculum long before ever having read it. The below screenshot is from a woman who was convinced she knew the elementary curriculum inside out, yet had never actually read it. At least one idiot actually felt like giving it a thumbs up.

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 10.15.16 AM.png

Imagine if the province created and improved math curriculum, focusing on Algebra; one designed to improve STEM readiness and help kids in greater ways outside of school. Then someone said, "Algebra was created by Muslims—it's all about indoctrinating people in Sharia Law, and is designed to get people used to killing infidels."

Thousands of ignorant people would believe it without thinking about it. Should the province suddenly scrap a math cirriculum in that's been in the planning for years because a bunch of people are incapable of reason and incapable of reading the damn thing for themselves and manage to get sheep to flock along with their ignorance?

Doug Ford rode the wave of ignorance into office. The difference being that "old" Algebra wouldn't put kids health, safety and well-being at risk. The old sex-ed curriculum does.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 10.15.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 10.15.16 AM.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 402

Next a Ford Youth movement. Hail victory! Hail our leader!

Sad.
1f625.png

...and worried.

Back