361     0 

Post your pictures of Toronto here!

ODFDa.jpg

E4C3j.jpg

g8vaI.jpg

7hhSz.jpg

LaYCO.jpg

zZ3lB.jpg

Not happy with the lens distortion on that one.

Tfqhf.jpg

Rfyio.jpg

Question: is anyone on here using the Nikon 24-70 f2.8? I was thinking of getting one because of it's purported sharpness and the ability to hold 2.8 through it's focal range. My only medium zoom is an older 24-85 2.8-4 AF-D, which, as you can see shows a good amount of distortion. If I got the 24-70, then the 24-85 would go on my D300s, where the crop factor would make these issues less evident.

Last edited:
Here are a couple more from today. Nothing special really, but there are some really cool shots coming up...just can't post them yet ;)

UFFhl.jpg

EqM3H.jpg

Does Urban Toronto forum own the rights to these pictures once they are posted here?

I only ask because I was at the mall the other day and went into those Wall Art stores that sell framed paintings and pictures and was disappointed with the lack of Toronto pictures. Plenty of New York, London, and Paris pictures, but no love for Toronto.

There are plenty of great pictures here that would look great on a lot of walls :). Urban Toronto forum and the owners of these pictures should consider opening up a shop and sell some of these pictures.

Last edited:
Does Urban Toronto forum own the rights to these pictures once they are posted here?

I only ask because I was at the mall the other day and went into those Wall Art stores that sell framed paintings and pictures and was disappointed with the lack of Toronto pictures. Plenty of New York, London, and Paris pictures, but no love for Toronto.

There are plenty of great pictures here that would look great on a lot of walls :). Urban Toronto forum and the owners of these pictures should consider opening up a shop and sell some of these pictures.

I imagine the rights are owned by the original website such as the Toronto Archives or the photographer that posted the shot. I do know a few of the members / photographers sell their work. A great example of this is the blurr surfing site which has a banner add at the top of this page. "Urban fine art prints, vertigo included" There are some beautiful shots available!

I imagine the rights are owned by the original website such as the Toronto Archives or the photographer that posted the shot. I do know a few of the members / photographers sell their work. A great example of this is the blurr surfing site which has a banner add at the top of this page. "Urban fine art prints, vertigo included" There are some beautiful shots available!

Blurr's pictures are some of my favorite. I might just buy something off him. Thanks for the suggestion.

UT doesn't take ownership of photos posted on the forum, they are allowed to use them for stories though. Most of us sell prints or photo rights. The trick is to never upload a high quality photo if you want to make money off of a print. Most photos you find on here have been either resized or compressed - only the original sized file will make a decent print so most of us don't sweat it when it comes to unauthorized copies. So thats why these photos from today are resized:

JxmbY.jpg

EPJyU.jpg

Back