News   Jul 11, 2024
 193     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 352     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 630     0 

Post your pictures of Toronto here!

Feb 2, 2012. Lots of Old School neon. Yonge street.

CSC_0045.jpg

I've always loved the Zanzibar sign. Bright! Tacky! Neon! Two zeds! Star! Colour! Flash! Trash! Love it. Too bad it's a strip-joint. Lol.

I've always loved the Zanzibar sign. Bright! Tacky! Neon! Two zeds! Star! Colour! Flash! Trash! Love it. Too bad it's a strip-joint. Lol.

What's wrong with strip joints? Some of the best strippin' happens there. :)

Shot of the Brickyards when it was only partially destroyed by the urban yuppies and Evergreen.

original.jpg

Streetcar loop. St. Clair & Yonge area.

Uptown.jpg

Office building lobby, Yonge & Sheppard area.

Yonge%26Sheppard-P.gif

Detail, Sherbourne Common.

Steelio-Jul8-11.jpg

Shot of the Brickyards when it was only partially destroyed by the urban yuppies and Evergreen.

It's a funny feeling, isn't it? I drive by it and I'm of two minds. I'm so glad the thing wasn't torn down and something else put in its place, and there's a part of me that thinks it's really cool that they've breathed life back into the buildings. But it wasn't all that long ago that it was a neat, mysterious-and-yet-accessible place, just a little bit sad and wistful. Now, yeah, it's a trendy reason for traffic jams and oblivious turns into oncoming traffic every weekend. Six (dollars) of one, a half dozen (bucks) of the other.

Back