News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 2K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Post your pictures of Toronto here!

Another consideration may have been Wirral court. Cul de sacs see a lot less traffic.
1702743549569.png

You can also do a stepped ascent if you're feeling confident, only have obstructions on one side and have reasonable lighting conditions. I've had to do that with either wires or a tree lined street on a few occasions.

Another consideration may have been Wirral court. Cul de sacs see a lot less traffic.
View attachment 527747
You can also do a stepped ascent if you're feeling confident, only have obstructions on one side and have reasonable lighting conditions. I've had to do that with either wires or a tree lined street on a few occasions.

Yup, I did actually drive Wirral Court earlier in the day.

The required flight profile was okay. However, launching from Wirral Court makes you very visible to several houses in the cul-de-sac. Not sure I want to draw attention to what I'm doing, especially at night.

Am I getting overly cautious (age related)? :)

Chine Drive became first choice. There is a tall hedge where I parked and I wasn't easily visible from any of the houses. Plus there is a vacant lot across the street and I could clearly see the Seminary from the launch point.

Interesting that earlier in the day I shot some images of the Pickering GO station. All of the side streets surrounding the GO are signed "No Stopping or No Standing". I found a spot but thought to myself, what if police come by while the drone is airborne and instruct me to move. Didn't happen, but I reviewed the "Update Home Point to the Controller" function when I got home.

That Harry Reasoner quote "...anticipators of trouble.." comes to mind. 🤣

Back