1.5K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.5K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Post your pictures of Toronto here!

Iconic

DJI_0031.jpeg

Simply lovely. What did you shoot this with?

Thanks!

It was shot with a DJI Mini 3 Pro. Image captured in RAW.

However, I spent way too much time flying around trying to find the right perspective. I was attempting to minimize those ugly bright construction site(?) lights at the base of the west end of the bridge. Once I got the drone where I wanted, I was waiting quite a while for a subway to go by. I thought capturing a subway headed towards the camera (eastbound) would look better, but the battery was getting really low and I grabbed that one shot with the westbound subway before I had to return and land.

Do you have a drone?

Nicely done. What do you use for post editing?

Do you have a drone?

Well, it just so happens I bought my first drone during Black Friday :D
Alas, life gets in the way of good fun. I've been too busy to even unbox it. Probably won't be until the new year before UT sees me elevate my photography (literally).

Alas, life gets in the way of good fun. I've been too busy to even unbox it. Probably won't be until the new year before UT sees me elevate my photography (literally).

Fabulous! Can't wait to see your drone photos!

I'm no expert, but feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Post editing with Lightroom, but I just fumble my way through with minor tweaks.

Here is the first image I shot but that construction site on the west side of the bridge was driving me nuts resulting in a low battery warning trying to get a better perspective. 🤣

Which drone did you buy?

DJI_0095-3.jpeg

I thought capturing a subway headed towards the camera (eastbound) would look better.

This one is certainly better. You would hardly see the eastbound train unless you were on the other side of the bridge. Going lower would help but it's still better to capture a train running on your side.

This one is certainly better. You would hardly see the eastbound train unless you were on the other side of the bridge. Going lower would help but it's still better to capture a train running on your side.
Geez....you're right!! I hadn't realized that an eastbound train would be on the wrong side of the bridge. Duh.

Also, I wanted to capture the whole train on the bridge. So I was watching the west side when it suddenly appeared from the east side. My brain went "TRAIN!" and immediately hit the shutter, thinking I would shoot several images as it crossed. However, I had the drone in the 5 shot exposure bracketing setting. To make it worse, I was shooting in RAW, but it only allows RAW + JPG. So by the time all 10 images had buffered the train had disappeared. Duh (again).

Lesson learned. Thanks @kotsy for the feedback.

Maybe when I get better I can hide a little TwinHuey in each shot. 🤣

Nice framing with the GO train!
Thanks Tim, but it was a total fluke.

I had just taken off and had the drone flying away from the bridge to get into position.

As soon as I turned to face the bridge to check the perspective I saw the train and snapped off a shot. My intention was to get lower, but there it was.

I had no idea the GO tracks ran under the bridge until I saw the train. 😳

Here is the perspective I was looking for, but I guessed the next train was an hour away and I wasn't keen on waiting.

Rob

DJI_0023.jpeg

Geolocated:
1702405365328.png

In preparation to flying my first drone, I'm starting to play a bit of a Geoguessr with some of the drone shots on UT, just to figure out where you guys are taking off from. I'm guessing this drone took off somewhere from the Leaside Park.

@TwinHuey @Tim MacDonald do you guys always launch from parks/sports fields? Do you ever just take off from a street or is it too hard/risky?

Back