News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 8.8K     9 

Positive Listeria test sees Maple Leaf recall more than 26,000 packages of wieners

No. In short, the purpose of food irradiation is to kill harmful bacteria, extend shelf life and reduce the amount of food lost to parasites, rotting and other dangerous contamination. The more contaminated (dirty) the meat or other food is, the more radiation would be required to carry out the elimination of harmful bacteria. Excessive amounts of radiation would not only be more expensive, but would eventually begin to change the quality of the food in a noticeable way.

No. In short, the purpose of food irradiation is to kill harmful bacteria, extend shelf life and reduce the amount of food lost to parasites, rotting and other dangerous contamination. The more contaminated (dirty) the meat or other food is, the more radiation would be required to carry out the elimination of harmful bacteria. Excessive amounts of radiation would not only be more expensive, but would eventually begin to change the quality of the food in a noticeable way.

ok, when you say it like that. but i still think some employees would have the "ah, don't worry. it's gonna get nuked anyways" attitude. but of course, some of them already have the "ah, don't worry. it's gonna get cooked anyways" attitude. no matter what, we're fudged. p.s, fudged has two meanings in my context. :eek:

You should be more worried about your salad and spinach. After all, you don't want to cook it death. But then just think off all the wonderful places the store employee's hands have been before stocking your lettuce?

You should be more worried about your salad and spinach. After all, you don't want to cook it death. But then just think off all the wonderful places the store employee's hands have been before stocking your lettuce?

hopefully not on the sausages.

I think its more likely for spinach and lettuce to be contaminated in the course of production, usually from contaminated water or manure.

That, too, of course. The point being that there are many routes for contamination.

Back