News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 696     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 315     0 

Policing Attitudes

The tactics used by the police was for who's security and protection?

From what I remember, the area near the summit was a ghost town, and the police let rioters destroy property.

So who were they protecting?

The tactics used by the police was for who's security and protection?

From what I remember, the area near the summit was a ghost town, and the police let rioters destroy property.

So who were they protecting?

We all know the answer to that question. They were protecting the important people and not regular Torontonians or property. I was there and saw with my own eyes what went on, so all the spin doesn't fool me at all.

The week before the protests I was stopped and had my shopping bags searched 4 times during that week, even though I was not near the fence but like a good little boy, I fully co-operated. My shopping bags of groceries were searched twice in one day by huge groups of police, who talked to me like I was a terrorist suspect. (a 50 year old fart with shopping bags of food) Yeah, I was pissed but kept my mouth shut because I was afraid the police would do to me, what they did to others during the protests. One thing I've learned is you NEVER oppose a cop because you will always lose. (even if you are in the right) Police all over the world are protected and have ZERO accountability. That's just the way the world works. If you're in the club, (the rich, powerful, politicians, police, judges) you can pretty much do whatever you want and get away with it. (unless you're recklessly stupid or you piss off the wrong people. (who are more powerful than yourself)

Heads should roll, including Blair's. Even with all the evidence we have, it's amazing that nobody has been held accountable, yet, kind of predictable.

Last edited:
The reason why cops get a special deal is very simple. Politicians (and most of the media) are completely intimidated by the Police and the powers that they wield. They are afraid if they go against the police the police will retaliate against them one way or another.

The last Police Board Chair to stand up to the cops was Susan Eng. In retaliation - Julian Fantino ordered wiretaps of Engs phone and private investigations into Eng's associates in an attempt to dig up dirt on her.

I have no doubt that Fantino's protege' Bill Blair learned well the art of intimidation - what other explanation can there be for Blair keeping his job after publicly going against the Mayor (over the budget) and his screw-ups during the G20 that have not only cost the city $Millions but have resulted in most of the public losing trust in the police.

We are living in a police state. The police are out of control and can literally get away with murder :mad:

But if you have nothing to hide then they cannot dig up anything

Indeed. The behaviour the majority of the department is disgraceful. Between the failure to identify those who were beating civilians during the G20, or report fellow officers who removed their nametags, or even to refuse speaking to the SIU, many in the department should be terminated with prejudice. That a police chief himself (Julian Fantino) was shown to be bent by a judge, shows the problem starts at the top.

Well what is the highest education level of police anyways?

The CBC is just reporting what looks like a BOMBSHELL announcement.

It appears that senior police COMMANDERS are going to be CHARGED!

I don't know how Blair can be allowed to keep his job after this. He had two years to take action against his senior officers but he failed and it was only after the release of the McNeily report that action is being taken.

Blair has failed his sworn oath to uphold the law. He must be fired and charged under the police act with breach of trust!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/05/17/g20-police-charges.html

The Star has a similar article, but they're reporting that these are all internal disciplinary hearings. I don't think this issue is going to disappear until there are actual criminal charges laid.

The Star has a similar article, but they're reporting that these are all internal disciplinary hearings. I don't think this issue is going to disappear until there are actual criminal charges laid.

Your right. They refer to them as "charges" but they are internal disciplinary "charges". Since they are coming two years later they may not even stick since the normal "statute of limitations" has passed.

The fact that so many officers and senior brass are only now facing this action - and only after the release of the McNealy report - is proof that Bill Blair failed in his sworn duty to hold his people accountable and to uphold the law.

I don't know how Blair can be allowed to keep his job after this . He should be fired and charged with breach of trust.

It will be interesting to see who the senior commanders facing charges are. Was it just a big coincidence that one day after the release of the McNeily report - Bill Blairs Number 2 deputy - Jeff McGuire announced he is leaving the Toronto Force to take up the position of Chief of Police in Niagara Region? McGuire oversaw the detention centre where so many of crimes against citizens were committed (including crimes that I would describe as sexual assaults). Is he leaving the force to escape disciplinary action?

Of course, justice will only be served when criminal charges are laid and the criminal cops put behind bars.

Last edited:
Hopefully our esteemed mayor will be reading the report, and then asking Chief Blair (who has refused again to apologise) to resign.

I wonder what David Miller thinks about the whole thing? Does he think Chief Blair should resign? Chief Bill Blair was indeed his man!

I'll bet the potential candidates to replace Blair would be even worse than Blair.

If the candidates come from within the force its very likely they would be as bad or worse.

When Blair took over from that abomination - Julian Fantino - he was seen as a breath of fresh air - but as we learned - Blair turned out to be no better - in fact probably far worse than his mentor - Julian Fantino.

The only way to break the cycle of corruption is to bring in a civilian to head up the force. If I could hand-pick one person for the job I would pick Ontario Ombudsman - Andre Marin. He is a man of proven integrity and the only person that I can think of who could restore faith in the police force.

And while cleaning house - I would fire Alok Mukherjee and replace him with John Sewell who is not afraid to stand up to the cops and has some good idea's about cutting costs.

^so bad have things become with our inability to effectively govern our police that your demands seem unreasonably optimistic. Blair is unquestionably a feckless coverup artist, but under a Rob Ford administration the next chief is likely to be one of the dirty Etobicoke cops who seem to protect Ford at every turn.

...but under a Rob Ford administration the next chief is likely to be one of the dirty Etobicoke cops who seem to protect Ford at every turn.

What proof do you have to back this statement? In fact, I see the next chief as one who will not let anyone (not even the Mayor) off the hook when they break the laws

A new chief will be under such close surveillance by the Toronto Police Services Board, City Council, various organizations, the media, and the public that everything the new chief say and does will be critiqued and compared to Blair and Fantino

Last edited:
I wonder what David Miller thinks about the whole thing? Does he think Chief Blair should resign? Chief Bill Blair was indeed his man!

Actually former acting chief Mike Boyd was Miller's choice but the Board chose Blair instead. Boyd is now in Alberta I think

What proof do you have to back this statement? In fact, I see the next chief as one who will not let anyone (not even the Mayor) off the hook when they break the laws

1. The police have a base constituency of "Ford nation plus" (at the very least they own the Sun, CTV, CP24 and talk radio). Through job actions and propaganda, the TPS could tactically increase their support beyond their base.

2. Ford still has the power to designate the city's TPSB appointees.

3. It would take a brave (some might say stupid) group of people to try to bring the TPS to heel, if history is anything to go by.

4. McGuinty, even if he were so inclined, is neither brave nor stupid enough to engage the police in the kind of efforts that would be necessary. His precarious political position makes him less likely to act against the police.

5. I genuinely wish I were wrong.

Last edited:
To me, it's amazing how you can have a police officer beat up and seriously injure an innocent person (with visual proof) and yet large segments of the population will always blindly support the police, say the person deserved it. If one day that should happen to them, those same people would be shocked that the general public is not rising up to support the injustice brought against them. As long as the brutality happens to someone else, few people seem to really care. People's sense of right and wrong just seems to be out of whack.

You would think there would have been an uprising and a few heads would have rolled by now but nope, everything is just fine.

Back