News   Aug 23, 2024
 978     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.5K     3 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 517     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Want to see whose importing cheap (slave) labour?

Someone was nice enough to make us all an interactive map. It shows TFWs by employer, approved positions, and wage category (low to high). You can set it area and zoom, or shift it to a table.

Students can only work certain shifts evenings and weekends.

So what? It's no different than it was 20 years ago when i was a teen.. The only difference is now employers are allowed to import cheap foreign labour while undercutting our local labour market.

Continuing on the theme of Canada's TFW program, an international report from the UN using language about that resembles what I and @kEiThZ have been saying for some time:

I'll place the full article title here:

:View attachment 587958

From same:

View attachment 587959

A link to the actual UN Report:

Good to see it being called out for what it is, and no one should be mincing words.

The real crisis is that I doubt anything real will change with Poilievre in charge, as Trudeau is already doing what the Conservatives had been slowly doing under Harper, and will likely continue to do so with a bit of shuffling and rebranding. Likewise, I bet this report will result in calls to increase legal immigration streams instead, when the real solution is to eliminate low-wage TFWs completely.

Here's someone with standing calling it out for what it is:
But "even when the program is working as intended and there's no abuse, the low-wage stream absolutely suppresses wages. It's kind of designed to," said economist Mike Moffatt, senior director at the Smart Prosperity Institute.

If it were up to him, he said, he would end the low-wage stream entirely. "I don’t think employers have some constitutional right to low-wage workers."

I will never understand why TFWs and Student workers is the hill this government chose to die on. I hope to read some interesting accounts from insiders in the future.
"The purpose of a system Is what It does."

"There is after all,”
Stafford Beer observed, “no point in claiming that the purpose of a system is to do what it constantly fails to do.”

So we can easily see why Marc Miller (who should be nowhere near any sort of cabinet position) has constantly failed to fix the TFW and Student Worker issue while assuaging Canadians that the Liberals are on it, or why our previously-functioning immigration system was purposefully broken over the last few years. If the Globe states that fixing it means going back to our previous immigration standards, why the hesitation?

Last edited:
I was going to post this. I can definitely see the appeal of their rational, centrist message. I'm tempted to support this new party since both the Liberals and Conservatives have become toxic to me.

Same here. I'm even willing to donate. I really want another alternative. They basically look like the old Progressive Conservatives.

They still got lots to do:

I was going to post this. I can definitely see the appeal of their rational, centrist message. I'm tempted to support this new party since both the Liberals and Conservatives have become toxic to me.

Same.

If they're true to platform it could be a breathe of fresh air.

They strike me as Chretien Liberals. Centerist with a common sense approach to politics. Less bickering and more realistic.

With the current LPC being tone deaf and the CPC being extremists the CFP will likely gain alot of traction.

I've voted NDP since I was 18 but I'm not thrilled with Jagmeet, Trudeau is a fool and PP is an extremist.

I would happily vote for a third party if it meant that my interests as a Canadian are looked after.

I'm hoping they do well. This is what Canada needs if they want to rebuild credibility on the global stage. Domenic Cardy is no Jean Chretien but it's a start.

Same here. I'm even willing to donate. I really want another alternative. They basically look like the old Progressive Conservatives.

They still got lots to do:

We already have a centrist party in Canada. It's the LPC. If this kind of platform holds broad appeal for centrists they would be better served to advance it through the LPC that undertaking a 20 year project to get a federal party to credibility. The LPC will be a husk once Trudeau leaves.

We already have a centrist party in Canada. It's the LPC. If this kind of platform holds broad appeal for centrists they would be better served to advance it through the LPC that undertaking a 20 year project to get a federal party to credibility. The LPC will be a husk once Trudeau leaves.

The LPC hasn't been centrist for a while. Ever since they decided to fish in NDP waters. They should just go ahead and merge with the NDP at this point, cause it's kinda hard to tell the difference, for the average voter.

This new party is clearly hoping to fill the space of the old PC party. And the way the CPC is attacking them already tells me they are on to something.

Back