News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.4K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 602     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Seems like a miscalculation to me. Even if he succeeds in pushing Trudeau out, the Liberals are cooked in the next election. I don't see why he would want to become leader just to go down with the ship, unless he wants to be in the books as a PM for a few months along with the likes of Campbell.

Never mind someone from a different party - is he unfamiliar with Paul Martin's rise and fall? It wasn't that long ago. What he need to do is stay back and lack the current architects fall on their own swords in the form of a electoral defeat.

AoD

Think deeper. What are their reasons for hating Justin Trudeau?
EZ- at the top of the list, our institutions (listless, decaying), national unity (adrift, smeared by blood libel), and quality-of-life (housing) have gotten worse, and more importantly, instead of keeping our celebrated immigration policy intact, Trudeau has instead delivered infinity immigration.

Same reason why the neoliberal order is breaking down across the world.

I disagree. If Mark Carney comes in with new policies, he could do well in the next election, or at least hold the Conservatives to a minority government.

If Justin Trudeau's polls numbers don't improve other the next few months, I wonder if the calls to replace him with get louder. Right now he is a dead man walking.

EZ- at the top of the list, our institutions (listless, decaying), national unity (adrift, smeared by blood libel), and quality-of-life (housing) have gotten worse, and more importantly, instead of keeping our celebrated immigration policy intact, Trudeau has instead delivered infinity immigration.

Same reason why the neoliberal order is breaking down across the world.
Sticking to unpopular policies like the carbon tax and shoving it down peoples' throats, without looking for an alternative.

Sticking to unpopular policies like the carbon tax and shoving it down peoples' throats, without looking for an alternative.

The carbon tax is but one issue.

Read this blog post (with data) about surging student immigration to the UK and consider how it's impacting the Conservative Party over there in today's election:

This graph should look familiar to Canadians:

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F614f7a5e-5084-4dcf-a98d-1c52f8037a57_891x579.png

Different political stripe. Different countries. Similar policies. Going to have similar results.

Last edited:

Back