News   Sep 13, 2024
 2.5K     0 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 2.8K     4 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 733     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

That would be interesting as we seem to be in an era where a lot of union leadership are sufficiently out of touch with the base that they actually sign these deals that are then rejected on the member vote.
I know that could always happen, but it seems much more common now.
When was the last time that happend?

That would be interesting as we seem to be in an era where a lot of union leadership are sufficiently out of touch with the base that they actually sign these deals that are then rejected on the member vote.
I know that could always happen, but it seems much more common now.
I doubt there is any overall data on this but, just going on memory and those negotiations that get media attention, I get the sense that non-ratification of a tentative agreement is fairly rare. Off the top of my head I can't remember a recent one.

What would be the benefit to the bargaining committee/executive? If they were that out of touch with their membership, they likely wouldn't be in place for long.

It happened with the TTC I think in 2018. And Metro/Unifor last year. So it's rare, but definitely something that is always a possibility.
There's been a lot recently.

Even just yesterday

Interesting both those articles note the ejection margins are often very narrow.

Back