News   Apr 29, 2024
 321     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 485     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 3K     7 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Wrong! It is a way to be bigoted and/or racist without using the words associated with it. Remember when the CPC hired Lynton Crosby to "fix" their campaign? He is a pro at this kind of thing, though at that point, it was too late to turn things around.

Last edited:
Politics has changed a lot since 2015.

I know a lot of immigrants who say themselves there is too much immigration under Trudeau.
Mainly the ones who came legally.
My neighbour is a legal refugee from decades ago and hates how Trudeau opened the border. He also has a niece who is applying to immigrate here legally and that wait just adds to his frustration. Basically, anyone who thinks things through realizes that Trudeau's policies on this are a disaster.
As most everyone says on most files - it looks like Stephen Harper was right again.

I am not sure why anyone believed Trudeau said he will only spend 10 billion dollars.

The issue for Trudeau is the economy is good but if it slides the fiscal situation federally will turn into a huge mess long term.

Mainly the ones who came legally.
My neighbour is a legal refugee from decades ago and hates how Trudeau opened the border. He also has a niece who is applying to immigrate here legally and that wait just adds to his frustration. Basically, anyone who thinks things through realizes that Trudeau's policies on this are a disaster.
Like it or not everybody, BurlOak is correct about this, at least in regards to how a lot of the immigrant community perceives these policies. My dad came to Canada as a refugee, and this could have been uttered word for word by him.

We are seeing dog whistle politics being employed because some unfortunate elements of our political spectrum are being opportunistic about actual underlying concerns many people have with our immigration policy under Trudeau. Would we see those tactics being effective today or increasingly mainstream had we stayed the course with our +/- 350,000 a year intake as under Harper? I'm not sure. We might be discussing the economy and fiscal deficits instead.

Last edited:
Like it or not everybody, BurlOak is correct about this, at least in regards to how a lot of the immigrant community perceives these policies. My dad came to Canada as a refugee, and this could have been uttered word for word by him.

We are seeing dog whistle politics being employed because some unfortunate elements of our political spectrum are being opportunistic about actual underlying concerns many people have with our immigration policy under Trudeau. Would we see those tactics being effective today or increasingly mainstream had we stayed the course with our +/- 350,000 a year intake as under Harper? I'm not sure. We might be discussing the economy and fiscal deficits instead.

The issue about Trudeau Is he likely wants to open the flood gates and allow for open borders as he has that kind of an ideology but knows it would lead to his political doom.

Like he knows for a fact if there is one issue that could sink him in 2019 its immigration and migration and why the liberals have seemingly gotten a bit tough on it now.

I am not sure why anyone believed Trudeau said he will only spend 10 billion dollars.

The issue for Trudeau is the economy is good but if it slides the fiscal situation federally will turn into a huge mess long term.

Huh?

What Trudeau said in the campaign was that he would run deficits not in excess of 10B. The Federal government spends a hell of a lot more than 10B!

Clearly he breached that commitment, and its not unfair to hold him accountable for that.

However, I'm not sure why he ought to have been disbelieved before he even got into office?

Last edited:

Immigration in the legal sense has only been increased comparatively modestly. The actual numbers from last year aren't much above that (350,000)

I'm not sure they that would be attracting any attention.

I think there has been negative attention with the proverbial 'irregular border crossers' who are percieved to be queue-jumping.

Its worth saying here that I while I think that issue can and could have been handled better; its not as if Trudeau created it; nor are people being granted citizenship upon arrival, they are being afforded a hearing for their refugee claim, which is per international law.

That should not be read as a fulsome defense of the government's handling of the issue.

I am on record that the particularly leaky back road into Quebec ought to be patched up. (yes, I do mean a fence, at least in the interim) I think more idealistically, we'd compensate the few Americans with homes at the end of that dead-end road, and agree to pay to remove the road and reforest it. That would be a preferred alternative in the medium term.

Beyond that, there is room to decide how to address those who would normally be required to have applied for status in the US first, to be a convention refugee. However, legislative and treaty changes would need to be made, and that takes time.

Last edited:

Back