News   Apr 19, 2024
 33     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 517     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Pizza!

Had the Pep God from Maker Pizza's uptown location on my cheat day this weekend, and oh man is that a top-notch pizza.

Revolver Pizza Co at 388 Royal York Rd:

Vesuvio's was a Toronto institution, but honestly not that great. There's way better pizza elsewhere. The restaurant had decent fare though.

Chef Mark McEwan's suggestions, with Maker Pizza topping his list:

I agree with his winner, but I'd have placed the top 3 as:
1. Maker
2. North of Brooklyn
3. Conspiracy

How the hell is Pi Co #2? It's good and all, but I've never been blown away by the ingredients.

I agree with his winner, but I'd have placed the top 3 as:
1. Maker
2. North of Brooklyn
3. Conspiracy

How the hell is Pi Co #2? It's good and all, but I've never been blown away by the ingredients.

Only thing that comes to mind was that he's being generous to Pi Co for being a chain, but that shouldn't take precedence anyways.

Admittedly, I haven't found my way to trying Conspiracy yet. But apart from Maker and NoB, I've been a fan of Descendent and 850 Degrees (Long Branch).

Conzo gets a shout out as a relative newcomer. While Bitondo's and Chito's are on my list as pizzas that hit the spot after/during a night out.

Mid-table overall, but I've also been patronizing King Slice and Jessy's Pizza more lately during the pandemic through Ubereats.

Fourth Man in the Fire is on my to-try list, I noticed quite a few delivery app guys waiting outside it on Friday night when I was out on a patio across the street.

Back