1.1K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 551     0 

Pearson T1 - Pier F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the GTAA want to build a business centre or such on those lands? I can remember there was something about a tender on the GTAA website, but to be honest, I cannot remember if it was on this specific site.

p5

the former McDonnell Douglas plant site has been in limbo for a couple of years now, but I believe that the GTAA has bought that parcel of land...there was talk that there would be a new cargo terminal there, perhaps to replace the existing Vista cargo terminal, and there was also talk that there was to be a new Air Canada 777 hanger there....dont know status of either rumour as of today.

Eventually there will be a final, sixth runway, running east/west, parallel and close to the existing runway 23/5 - it's planned for behind the Vista cargo building, then running west...they may have put this on hold for a few years, as the current 5 runways seem to be more than adequate for today's traffic. Once the final runway is operational, there will be 4 running east/west and 2 north/south...

Didn't the GTAA want to build a business centre or such on those lands? I can remember there was something about a tender on the GTAA website, but to be honest, I cannot remember if it was on this specific site.

The business centre is meant to go beside the Viscount station at the end of the People Mover.

From a Dash 8-100 to BWI on Oct 31:

YYZ1.jpg

YYZ2.jpg

YYZ3.jpg

Wow - you were sitting in one of the approximately two seats in a Dash 8-100 that does not provide a panoramic view of the engine.

^ Are you speaking in speculative terms, or is there actually a plan to replace Terminal 3? It's not that old after all.

I seem to be remember that T3 was slated to be torn down later in the redevelopment process, but I believe plans have been changed - and T3 will be updated. The original reason for replacing T3 was that it did not "fit in" with the new airport design (sounds like someone just wanted to create something completely new) - and was not based on sound financial management :rolleyes:

just an FYI, and slightly OT....there is news out of Singapore this morning that a new Air Agreement has been signed with Canada - basically an Open Skies agreement....hopefully we will see Singapore Airlines back at YYZ!

here's a press release, found on EarthTimes...

Singapore - Singapore and Canada have signed a new air transport agreement enabling carriers from the city-state to operate passenger and all-cargo flights as frequently as desired between the two countries via intermediate points, an aviation official said on Wednesday. They may code-share either with one another, any Canadian or third country airline, said Singapore's Civil Aviation Authority. Under code sharing, an airline can market its partner airlines' flights as its own.

Canadian carriers enjoy similar traffic rights and code-share privileges under the reciprocal arrangement.

The new pact "demonstrates our two countries" commitment to pursue a common goal of achieving a more liberal aviation framework in the global aviation arena," said Lim Kim Choon, the authority's director-general and chief executive officer.

He predicted the agreement will serve as "a bridge to promote greater tourism, trade and investment flows between Singapore and Canada."

The signing followed consultations in Ottawa, Canada from October 20 to November 1.

SIA currently operate six weekly passenger flights between Singapore and Vancouver via Seoul.

Any word on Pearson being able to accomodate for A380's in the future?
(Ahhh, I answer my own question: Do a search for 'A380' before you ask a question.)

afaik, YYZ is ready for the A380...there are gates at both terminals which can handle it, and the GTAA has been quietly enlarging taxiways to accomodate the beast...:)

I think the first A380 we will see here will be Emirates...

I was in the new pier two days ago and the high speed walkways appear finished but are still not functioning. Very bizarre.....

I seem to be remember that T3 was slated to be torn down later in the redevelopment process, but I believe plans have been changed - and T3 will be updated. The original reason for replacing T3 was that it did not "fit in" with the new airport design (sounds like someone just wanted to create something completely new) - and was not based on sound financial management :rolleyes:

No, I am pretty sure tearing down T3 once Pier G and Pier H are complete is still the plan. That was always a long term aspect of the plan. Pier G will probably start construction in 2009-2010 or so and will take about 2 years. Pier H will probably start a good 5 years later and take longer to build because it requires a central processor extention (i.e. the great hall). By that time Piers G and H are complete and the next expansion is financed it will be 2025-2030 and T3 will be 35-40 years old which is about the same age T2 is now. New Pier D would be built with some partial dismantling of Pier C before the whole of T3 gets shut down. That would be 5 years later in approximately 2030-2035. So T3 even with the plan to knock it down is going to be around another 25-30 years. Once Pier G and H are built the only way to increase terminal capacity will be to knock down T3. The T1 central processor is larger than T3 and set back further from the runways than T3 allowing more space for passenger processing and gating. The length of a future T1 Pier C would be much longer than the T3 Pier B it would replace.

I think they have already finished the T3 projects which allow T3 to handle the loads it is expected to over the next 25-30 years but I'm not sure... the Pier C work is done, the processor south work with the new check-in area is done, there may be a processor north component but I would have to look back to the old reports.

The high-speed walkway was cordoned off and not working when I passed through last month.

Who cares, really? If you're that late for your plane will a few seconds in the passing lane make much difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back