News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 

Pearl Residences (35 Hollywood, Conservatory, 24s, E I Richmond) COMPLETE

Conservatory owns the entire block between Yonge, Doris, Spring Garden + Hollywood ... Pearl represents the third residential tower closer to Doris with Claude Watson School for the Arts fronting onto Doris... the first two towers (Platinum + Platinum XO) runs north-south along the centre portion of the site (west of Pearl) as shown in photos posted above ...

Location Map

there is zoning in place for a fourth tower approximately 34 storeys by the same builder which will front onto Yonge, Urban Design Review Panel considered this proposal (item #2) in November 2007, official address of phase 4 is 4917-4995 Yonge Street

Conservatory owns the entire block between Yonge, Doris, Spring Garden + Hollywood ... Pearl represents the third residential tower closer to Doris with Claude Watson School for the Arts fronting onto Doris... the first two towers (Platinum + Platinum XO) runs north-south along the centre portion of the site (west of Pearl) as shown in photos posted above ...

Location Map

there is zoning in place for a fourth tower approximately 34 storeys by the same builder which will front onto Yonge, Urban Design Review Panel considered this proposal (item #2) in November 2007, official address of phase 4 is 4917-4995 Yonge Street

why is it takinng sooo long for PERL to start construction??

Maybe I'm going blind in my old age, but Pearl is a clear improvement over the existing Platinum towers, which are the definition of eww. Remember that Pearl's render-sunset is a shade of bright green unlikely to occur much in real life (red sky at night, forumers' delight, green sky at morning, forumers' take warning?).

I'm actually wondering about that too ... mostly glass curved in the middle ... it looks like it could be really interesting ... not sure I understand all the complaints. When will it start! It'd be in sales forever. I don't even want to guess how long, 3-4+ years?

If they put a building on Yonge Street, all those people who bought at Platinum expecting to have nice westward views will be severely pissed. Any info on what might go up here?

Pearl Condominiums (35 Hollywood, Conservatory, 24s, E.I. Richmond)

City Planning Final Staff Report to be considered by North York Community Council on November 18 2008 ... 24 storeys with 352 units and 4 levels underground parking

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-16857.pdf

well this explains why the building has been selling for about 1.5 years without any construction on site to date ~ :p

Pearl.jpg

Conservatory Group's project website: http://www.conservatorygroup.com/pearl.html

Pearl_east.jpg

Pearl_siteplan.jpg

January 28 2009 update

excavation nearly complete ~

Southeast View - underground parking for Claude Watson School for the Arts to connect through P1 level of the Pearl Residences
IMG_3260.jpg

Southwest View - Platinum XO Tower on the right
IMG_3261.jpg

seeing this is actually part of NYCC, MODs is this appropriate? :)

Pearl Condominiums (NYCC, 35 Hollywood, Conservatory, 24s, E.I. Richmond)

btw,

Somewhere earlier it was stated that there was another project that would go on the Yonge side - in front of the two controversy projects?

Any status on that one, or nothing has been proposed yet?

Well at least Pearl, as boring and lame as it is, is better than the two pre-cast craps that happen to be Platinum and Platinum XO!!

btw,

Somewhere earlier it was stated that there was another project that would go on the Yonge side - in front of the two controversy projects?

Any status on that one, or nothing has been proposed yet?

I just made a thread in response to this tower you speak of:

4917-4975 Yonge St @ Hollywood (NYCC, Conservatory, 34s, E I Richmond)

Zoning By-law is approved and in place for a 34s tower with 3s podium, however no Site Plan Application yet to proceed forward from Conservatory Group

March 3 2009

Pics 007.jpg

They are getting ready to install the crane base. Should see a crane up in the next week or two.

Attachments

• Pics 007.jpg
    Pics 007.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 451
March 21 2009 update

slow progress here ... but surely there is progress being made :p

View looking south across the site
IMG_3540-1.jpg

Crane Base
IMG_3541-1.jpg

Back