News   Jul 17, 2024
 333     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 750     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

Ric, good for you:) I don't see myself purchasing my next condo with Pemberton, after the lack of customer care. They don't realize how the word will be spread pretty quickly to beware. There's online reviews of condominiums and Pemberton seems to be pretty low on the scale, with Tridel being on the highest. Let's hope for a smooth flight.

AG- I agree!

yup, I was a little underwhelmed by the standard backsplash tile choices too. not only were they nothing special to look at, they charged me $300+ just to arrange them in a staggered 'brick' layout...

just to hopefully make you feel a little better, it is in fact pretty typical for builders to charge you 'extra' for the staggered/subway tile layout because of the extra labour/cuts/wasted tiles involved ... so Park Lake isn't the only one ~ subway style wall tiles are only standard if the feature list specifically includes it :)

I didn't know that subway style of staggering the tiles wasn't standard...a couple of people I know who bought condos at the Grande Triomphe (Tridel) in North York and the 9T6 development downtown laughed at me for having to pay for that extra labour...

btw, josef...you mentioned online reviews of Pemberton and other developments. Can you share those sites with us?

J.D. Power 2007 rankings (Pemberton didn't have enough closings in 2008 to qualify for the study) - GTA condo market - this is based on customer satisfaction surveys that occur after closings are completed.

Tridel: 767
Daniels: 712
Monarch: 682
Menkes: 664
Pemberton: 620
H&R (Lanterra): 556
Camrost-Felcorp: 485
Cresford: 420

btw, josef...you mentioned online reviews of Pemberton and other developments. Can you share those sites with us?

Mike posted the online review I was talking about from JD power and associates. I'll
try to find the other web site for the builder reviews by tenants.

Forgot to mention that my partner and I spent about 40 minutes yesterday picking up trash for Earth day. It was actually a very nice experience and I anticipate to do it again. Can anyone take a stab where we decided to pick up trash? :D Here's a hint...we were near a Park & Lake ;)

Forgot to mention that my partner and I spent about 40 minutes yesterday picking up trash for Earth day. It was actually a very nice experience and I anticipate to do it again. Can anyone take a stab where we decided to pick up trash? :D Here's a hint...we were near a Park & Lake ;)

Great stuff Josef, now if only u had taken some pics. What floor are they on now?

On the West tower, from what I saw, I believe the 13th level (named 14th) is complete, but they're just waiting for the cement to dry in the moldings. There's also work being done inside with concrete blocks being added to stair walls and so fourth. They're working hard and even past 7pm this evening on the East tower. Here's hoping the concrete work on the West tower will be completed by the end of May.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_april-24-09-0342.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0358.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0359.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0374.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0377.jpg

The west tower is moving faster than the east for some reason
IMG_april-24-09-0348.jpg

Last edited:
Man, thats one ugly facade facing north.:eek:

Relax there, it's going to look fantastic, but I do admit, it looks horrible right now, which is typical for condos. The exposed concrete now, will clearly be covered with glass.

Thanks for the pics Drum! The West tower is being built quicker, because occupancy's commencing Spring 2010, plus they sold units off of the west tower before the east was offered. Did you purchase a unit here?

I bike by this daily, it'll look great - and uninterrupted views of parkland and waterfront.. Perfect.

I wonder if it'll have ground floor cafes? The area is perfect for it.

^Huh? I think six busy lanes of speeding traffic is quite the interruption. I'm pretty sure the plans show condos on the ground floor.

Back