News   Jul 17, 2024
 393     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 865     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

Two Lanes Reopen As Toppled Crane Disrupts Lake Shore At Ellis
Tuesday April 7, 2009
CityNews.ca Staff

A section of one of the busiest exit routes in the city has partially reopened, after a crane toppled onto the Lake Shore near Ellis Ave. around 11:30am Tuesday. Part of the huge device hung ominously over the road, blocking all westbound traffic for hours.

Officials say the crane was lifting an item at a construction site when the soil beneath it gave way, possibly weakened by days of heavy rain. It toppled over, leaving a mess in its wake.

"A boom truck with a crane attached to it was in the process of moving an elevator box through the construction site and ended up toppling over with the boom coming to rest across the westbound lanes of Lake Shore Blvd. W.," explains Sgt. Tim Burrows.

The crane hit several power lines, knocking out power to the lamposts but not the traffic lights.

Police had originally warned drivers it might be closed right through the afternoon rush, but the clean-up went better than hoped and cops were able to open two of the westbound lanes by about 3pm to allow some traffic to get through.

Fortunately, no one was hurt in the incident, something Burrows admits is a lucky break. "It's amazing that nobody was injured as there always is traffic flow across this section," he concludes.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_33558.aspx

Taken a few days back...

Attachments

• DSC04293.jpg
    DSC04293.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC04294.jpg
    DSC04294.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC04298.jpg
    DSC04298.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 228
Nice pics.

Josef, those new backsplash standard tiles are horrendous, nothing close to that which is displayed in the model suite. I wrote a complaint letter to the builder. So far they have completely ignored me. Not a good sign. I'm very disappointed.

Nice pics.

Josef, those new backsplash standard tiles are horrendous, nothing close to that which is displayed in the model suite. I wrote a complaint letter to the builder. So far they have completely ignored me. Not a good sign. I'm very disappointed.

Thank you! Jesus Christ, I'm glad I'm not the only one upset about those standard tiles. It's literally a trap to make you purchase upgrades. The builder (Eliot Muzzo) won't give a rat's behind nor will "customer service" (which consists of one person who really doesn't rectify any situation). They will constantly lie to you and mention he's not available. Apparently, he's more busier than the president of the United States (B.S). If you will like further contact information Ric, don't hesitate to send me a P.M. So far, I've been able to tame my anger regarding Pemberton and focus on the positives of my suite. If I encounter any problems that are irrational, I will go straight to the head office. No more telephone calls, emails, or letters. In person and in their face.

Respectfully,
Josef

Ps; Some of the Pemberton staff know and glance at this web site.

backsplash tiles

yup, I was a little underwhelmed by the standard backsplash tile choices too. not only were they nothing special to look at, they charged me $300+ just to arrange them in a staggered 'brick' layout...

Just a question to those that bought in Park Lake. How do you feel about living just meters from a major highway? If you unit faces the park, do you mind that you can't really keep you windows open due to all the noise and dust coming from the highway?

just curious.

Just a question to those that bought in Park Lake. How do you feel about living just meters from a major highway? If you unit faces the park, do you mind that you can't really keep you windows open due to all the noise and dust coming from the highway? just curious.

Meters? You're exaggerating. It's more like centimeters :)
I think being on the 12th floor reduces any noise or dust from the highway, compared to suites on the 5th floor and below. The large concrete wall facing the highway should be able to decrease some noise, with the combination of the building's windows. There's noise restrictions that are regulated for condominiums. Also, take into consideration that we're meters from the park and lake, which is a very large open area. I'll definitely purchase an air purifier and put a few miniature trees on my balcony, but the air quality won't be a major problem, in my humble opinion.

Josef,

I think you shoud start charging Pemberton for your services (Marketing), especially at the way they've shafted us.

Thanks for info Josef. I guess it is cm's from the Gardiner. :) I was just curious as to how people cope with being close to something noisy. I like sleeping with windows slightly open so a highway would disturb me. I guess with good insulation the noise is not much of a problem when windows are closed.

Josef,

I think you should start charging Pemberton for your services (Marketing), especially at the way they've shafted us.

Tell me about it! Well, it's my first purchase, so clearly I'm going to make sure things will run as smoothly as I can make them. I've been promoting
Park Lake quite a bit, but more so before the hike in prices recently...

Thanks for info Josef. I guess it is cm's from the Gardiner. :) I was just curious as to how people cope with being close to something noisy. I like sleeping with windows slightly open so a highway would disturb me. I guess with good insulation the noise is not much of a problem when windows are closed.

My partner used to live on the 5th level of Windermere by the lake and didn't hear highway noise at all. I highly doubt the noise can travel that far up, but I will definitely update you on how it goes. I too enjoy having the balcony door opened at night and during the day. Do you own a condo lead82?

Josef,

Customer service got back to me. They said the new backsplash tiles are actually upgrades from the original and that I was the only one who complained (lots of BS).

Josef,

Customer service got back to me. They said the new backsplash tiles are actually upgrades from the original and that I was the only one who complained (lots of BS).

Customer service got back to you because they had seen this thread yesterday. Technically, the "new" backsplash was an upgrade, but still does not
compare to the standards they were offering. Those cheap backsplashes can literally be found at Home Depot for 29 cents each. They have had numerous complaints from the Decor centre, whether they heard them or not. Ask her if she's received a call from Josef in the past. What's unfortunate is that there's a bunch of children at the head office that aren't educated enough to provide customer service and human decency. They simply don't care and they're sticking to their guns.

To add, it's very unfortunate that they don't practice what they preach on their web site....

"At Pemberton, we promise to make your home buying experience the best you've ever imagined. Our relationship with you is one of integrity and trust. We take you through every step of your home buying process, offering the best in customer care. We promise you the ultimate in home buying satisfaction, because at Pemberton, we care about you."

Don't you feel all of the above from Pemberton, Ric?

To add, it's very unfortunate that they don't practice what they preach on their web site....

"At Pemberton, we promise to make your home buying experience the best you've ever imagined. Our relationship with you is one of integrity and trust. We take you through every step of your home buying process, offering the best in customer care. We promise you the ultimate in home buying satisfaction, because at Pemberton, we care about you."

Don't you feel all of the above from Pemberton, Ric?

I've decided to have the backsplash deleted and install my own after closing. Will do the same for hardwood in the bedrooms. I don't think they care so I'll just leave it alone.

By the way, my experience has thought me that companies with fancy website and statements are usually the most shady...

I'll go back to watching the towers rise.....

There are pros and cons of buying a condo anywhere, if not the highway its the area, view, or the neighbours, or even the location of the condo unit in the building itself. Living in a great area like Sunnyside and having great views of the lake and Toronto more than makes up for having the Gardiner in your backyard.

Back