Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

It's obviously the non-energy efficient electric space heater that is heating your water heater closet 24/7 since November.
Those things are power hogs.

My bill went up as well, but not by that much. I turned the knob down a bit though.

My condo is the same size. I have the thermostat set to only have heat go into the 20's from 5pm - 10 pm and on the weekend.
I barely run the dishwasher and do laundy once a week, all in off peak. My bill is nowhere near your usage.

Last edited:
My condo is the same size. I have the thermostat set to only have heat go into the 20's from 5pm - 10 pm and on the weekend.

furnace = NG. won't affect Enersource Bill.
I'm guessing time of use is your issue. Read this:
http://www.enersource.com/my-home/pages/time-of-use-(tou)-rates.aspx

I'm 730 sq. ft. My power use during peak times is very limited (mostly because I'm not home). TV, A/V system, lights, laundry/dryer, dishwasher are used predominantly in off-peak times. during peak periods it's just that shitty heater that's running, plus stuff that's plugged in 24/7. Also try swapping out your bulbs to more efficient ones. The ones the unit came with are trash and horribly inefficient. Prioritize by lights you use most. I haven't paid over $100 on any bill. (heater also turned down to like 50%).

A gas furnance still uses electricity to be powered and ignite.
Circuit board, switches, majority of usage comes from powering the fans, but yes, it will not use as much electricity as an electric heater.

I used around 100 kWh more than the November bill, which is def from the heater.

Same thing, swapped out all bulbs to CFL.

For those not home, small fire in the building right now. Firefighters can't find it though (no sprinklers). Can smell faint wood burning but no smoke.

I had to leave for work... Hope I don't come back to ashes haha

For those not home, small fire in the building right now. Firefighters can't find it though (no sprinklers). Can smell faint wood burning but no smoke.

I had to leave for work... Hope I don't come back to ashes haha

Oh god... I don't remember leaving anything on. If anyone has details, please share!

Don't worry, they went in every unit to check.

Sprinklers work, there is just no flames or smoke so they won't activate. Just the alarm and smell.

And I smelt it just on the south side of center on the 4th floor and they were going in all the units in that area, but there are two fire trucks so probably going to every unit in all floors.

Sounds like its a wiring issue....

Didn't smell anything when I got home. Must have been addressed?

Emailed the tax dept. last week and my tax bill has now miraculously arrived!

Last edited:
Visited a friend who bought at 60 Absolute (one of the marilyn monroe buildings).
I haven't been in many of the new buildings in sauga, but I will say compared to this place: Super fast elevators (more floors obviously), much quieter on each floor (units are only on one side of the hallway and less units per floor), entrance doors to each unit seem to be of better quality as well, nicer finishes in the common elements, etc. Downside I guess would be the maintenance fees. Way too many amenities there that I would never use. Food for thought!

Last edited:
Visited a friend who bought at 60 Absolute (one of the marilyn monroe buildings).
I haven't been in many of the new buildings in sauga, but I will say compared to this place: Super fast elevators (more floors obviously), much quieter on each floor (units are only on one side of the hallway and less units per floor), entrance doors to each unit seem to be of better quality as well, nicer finishes in the common elements, etc. Downside I guess would be the maintenance fees. Way too many amenities there that I would never use. Food for thought!

can't really compare our building with those.
fast elevators/more floors, yes... but I know people who live in those buildings and they complain about "rush hour traffic" on the elevators. Some people on the top floors wait upwards of 15 minutes from the time they push the button to get down to the garage because of all the people going to/from work. Probably their biggest complaint.

and yeah, their building isn't made of wood, so far superior sound abatement. That is the biggest negative about our building IMO.

Anyone been in the fitness room lately?

Pretty sad how cheap and shady some people are.

Rubber balls missing, straight bar/chain from the universal machine missing (what would someone even do with this in a condo, I don't know), cheap 2 dollar white rack that was on the floor for the paper towels is missing, 3 out of 4 rubber band hooks on the wall are broken.

Last edited:
I just found out that the buzzer codes for our units have changed, that they now match out unit numbers. Did we get any notification that it was to change? I only found out because I ordered some food and the driver couldn't get a hold of me with the buzzer code I gave.

Back