News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 405     0 

Ottawa Transit Developments

Full Fedco update. Seems we have all 34 trains now, there's just final paperwork on the last 5.

Today they were running all doubles on my way into work at a fairly decent frequency

I'm not very familiar with the audit process. Is this going to delay contract award or construction start? Or is this just a "we'll know for next time"?
We'll know for next time. I really don't think there's much to find, it's just the juxtaposition with Lavscam that's making it a big deal. I doubt if another bidder won people would have made as big a deal about it. The audit report will at least put everyone's mind at ease one way or the other.

Really any such large project should trigger a default audit anyways.

I assume Alstom offered Coradia again, so seems surprising that they wouldn't get the nod on commonality grounds unless the RFP was written to exclude that or that the City is unhappy with the current units? (EDIT: is this just a re-announcement/contract signing? I see some references to Stadler getting the nod in 2018)

I assume Alstom offered Coradia again, so seems surprising that they wouldn't get the nod on commonality grounds unless the RFP was written to exclude that or that the City is unhappy with the current units? (EDIT: is this just a re-announcement/contract signing? I see some references to Stadler getting the nod in 2018)

Contract signing. The vehicle choice was made a while ago, I think due to the short lead time required between ordering and delivery.

It does mean that the Trillium line has now seen 3 different kinds of rolling stock. Also in Stage 2 operation there will be at least one pair of coupled Lints running along the mainline along with the Flirts.

^ what?! Stage 2 is diesel?

Only stage 2 of the Trillium Line

Contract signing. The vehicle choice was made a while ago, I think due to the short lead time required between ordering and delivery.

It does mean that the Trillium line has now seen 3 different kinds of rolling stock. Also in Stage 2 operation there will be at least one pair of coupled Lints running along the mainline along with the Flirts.

So everything on the Green Line will be diesel electric? What types will they be again?

OTT_LRT_Stage2_FullMap_11x17_FEB_2019_Bil.png

So everything on the Green Line will be diesel electric? What types will they be again?

OTT_LRT_Stage2_FullMap_11x17_FEB_2019_Bil.png

On the main branch, they are running 7 trains at a time, of which 6 will usually be Flirts, and 1 a pair of Lints. On the airport branch they will be running two single Lints as shuttles between the airport and South Keys station, they pass each other at Uplands. The remaining two existing Lints are reserved as backup trains.

On the main branch, they are running 7 trains at a time, of which 6 will usually be Flirts, and 1 a pair of Lints. On the airport branch they will be running two single Lints as shuttles between the airport and South Keys station, they pass each other at Uplands. The remaining two existing Lints are reserved as backup trains.

So Ottawa's airport train will require two transfers to get to the centre of town?! Yowzer, that's...ambitious.

The advantage of the vehicle chosen is that the diesel power is in a short, central module. It could be converted for battery or hydrogen, and in the event of electrification, it could be removed entirely or left in place for branches. It's a good choice given the uncertainty of where the tech will go in the next 15 years.

Back