News   Jul 15, 2024
 603     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 758     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 600     0 

Original Vitrolite station tiles

Just another quick Photoshop. Wish they used the original colour pattern at York Mills instead of mimicking the original Yonge Line. Not really a big deal though.

York Mills.jpg

Attachments

• York Mills.jpg
    York Mills.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,107
Good god, are they planning on butchering the entire Yonge line with the new wall panels? As if Osgoode wasnt enough for them

If my memory serves me correctly, that signal has been there at least for several years. Could have been there longer, I just noticed it several years ago.

I'm curious about why is it there. Does the signal block only travel halfway through Osgoode Station?

Edit: Might have been at another station actually. But I do recall seeing a mid-station signal somewhere on University Line south of St. George.

This may have been posted earlier in the thread, but the next stations to be re-done are Kipling and Finch

What is this thing doing here? is it temporary?
That's hilarious and so cluelessly Toronto. It's not just the TTC: the city is littered with thoughtless stuff like this: proliferating and redundant traffic signs that obscure each other, hydro poles in the middle of sidewalks, redundant rusting decommissioned hydro poles that are never removed, overhead wires supported by tree branches, that really strange big concrete block on the sidewalk directly in front of the Bedford entrance of the St. George station... For that matter the Osgoode photo is actually pretty good by Toronto standards: most of the letters of the sign are visible, the panel colour isn't nauseating and the signal appears to be functioning.

Back